“Loved the immediate call back”

Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #62 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Sundre
“Loved the immediate call back”
Reviewed October 10, 2008

I needed a place to host a meeting for a upcoming event our company is having in September I had called numerous hotels prior to this one and got no reply back at all. I called and left a message with their Sales and Catering Co-ordinator. I was sure that by the end of the day I wasn't going to get a response back like with the other hotels. I was wrong. She was so quick to my response, I was floored and impressed. She gave me ALL THE information I needed to present to my boss right away. I was so impressed and I told her too that nobody called me back from the other hotels.
Not only was the service so prompted but, the prices fitted our budget.
I am definetly going to have them host more meetings in the future.

• Liked — The food was fantastic
  • Disliked — my short visit
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
los angelas
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This was one of the best hotel's I have stayed at, and I'm on the road for business 220 days a year. Beautiful rooms with amazing new flat screen Tv's. Comfortable, clean, and best staff ever!! Anytime I am in Calgary I will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Liked — affordability for what you get
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
LA
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. And again the stay was just as great as the first one.

This hotel has really focused on customer service and it shows with the Front Desk Agents who take the time to answer all the questions.

The pool area is very nice with a HUGE hot tub. The restaurant was very comfortable and we had no complaints about the food.

I will definately stay at this hotel whenever I am in Calgary.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Vancouver BC
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We bounced from an unsatisfactory room at your #2 rated Hamptom, and were pleasently surprised.Front desk personnel were polite/efficent. Appearance of lobby was neat... if non pretentious. Covered parking for my car.The rooms are being renovated (distinct odour of paint in the hallways) but he finished product was very modern with pleasent toupe' colours and new bedding fabrics and furnature.The wall mounted flat screen TV, small fridge, wireless internet access, morning nwspaper, were all appreciated.Bathroom was 'tiny' but additional sink was provided just outside that room.Small exercise room, spa, and a pool ...best suited for youngsters.Not sure why this is branded an 'airport' hotel but the road system in Calgary is pretty good so you are probably only about 15 minuits away. Good access to downtown from this location as well (about 15 minutes)....and last but not least the rooms and hallways were very neat and 'clean'!All in all I believe they deserve a higher ranking on your list.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We stayed two different nights here while making connecting flights. Both rooms were newly remodeled with very comfortable beds. The shuttle service was great to accomodate us at strange hours. However, it might be worth noting that this hotel is about a good 8-10 minute drive to the airport and not as close as you might think or need.

• Liked — Shuttle service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
alberta
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This hotel was great clean and comfortable. It was in a great location for us, only a 5 minute drive to the Zoo, and all on easy roads. A nice shopping mall was also only minutes away. The food in the restaurant was amazing. The pool and Hot tub were very nice. We LOVED it!!!!!

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Stayed July 2008
Honolulu
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This hotel is a 30-minute round trip from the airport, which is a factor to keep in mind if you are wanting to take the shuttle. With only a single van with double-row seating running, guests were lining the sidewalk waiting. I had to endure watching the van leave twice with full loads (waiting 30 mins. each time) before it was my turn. By then a late night layover was rapidly approaching an early morning layover, and I was debating writing off the hotel as a loss and booking at the in-terminal Delta hotel. The room was decent, but I had 2 doubles(?) instead of the single king I requested. By then I was too tired to switch that out. Also, the bathroom definitely showed its age. They spent some time and money renovating the hotel, but the bathrooms must have missed the list. In retrospect, for an in-and-out stay, I should have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels