“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed here often. Most recently last week. Front desk is quick and very pleasant every time. Winter - watch the parking lot - it can be slippery. I got one of the newly renovated rooms on the 5th floor, very nice, but they need to have more plugs in easy to get to locations. Maybe like some hotels they can have plugs in the table lamps...
Only complaint, and this is consistent from each visit, and that is the service at breakfast.....slow, not very accurate and inattentive. Worst I have seen in any Holiday inn. There is a Denny's right across 16th ave on 19th Street, have your breakfast there.

Room Tip: Get the 5th floor for the renos - and the awesome view from the elevator lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ksuter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Invermere British Columbia Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been staying here for many years and it is always a good experience however the dining room you always need a sweater and don't go for the buffet breakfast if it is late morning. Regular menu always good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Howard W
Sally S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us for years. Thank you so much for your feedback, and I will communicate this to our team.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are very small but clean. Because the hotel is beside a very busy road, it's a bit noisy. Restaurant's menu consists of a few deep fried products without taste and the service is below average. Only hotel guests eat here and I can see why.
Otherwise, good beds and standard Holiday Inn amenities. Just okay for an overnight layover but not for longer stays.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bosley2705
Sally S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. I apologize for the level of service that you received at our hotel, and I will follow up further with our associates regarding the service that was not up to our usual standards.
We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to accommodate you better in the future.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on our province wide road trip. This was the most expensive hotel and the dirtiest of them all. There is black mold or a similar substance around the tub. The hotel is on the side of a hill so the second floor has vehicles parked across from your room. I would not book this hotel again at any prices. The staff did not do anymore than they had to.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jrbach
Sally S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to our hotel regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had experienced during your stay. We are currently in the process of renovating our guest rooms. Starting from last January, we’ve renovated all the guest rooms on the 5th floor. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you in one of our renovated guest rooms. I hope that we can provide you a better stay in the future. Thank you so much for your review again. We are much appreciated.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a nice fresh new looking hotel. It has a pool if you have kids and a restaurant and bar. I found the rooms and beds nice. I was going to stay downtown Calgary initially, but found the rooms overpriced and most of the downtown hotels in Calgary will charge you for parking.

The location is very accessible to downtown and very close to the Deerfoot for easy access to various places in the city.

I would stay here again and have no critical comments to make.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Stringfellow2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Calgary. Thank you very much again for your feedback.
Bury
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although not adjacent to the airport it is just off the freeway and easy to find. Rooms were clean and large with two double beds.It had good internet access. Breakfast was generous and good value. Service and reception was good. Just what was needed for a late arrival and the negative reports up to now seem to have been addressed by the hotel.

Room Tip: Although close to the road the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BuryRowland
Sally S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. I’m glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I haven't stayed at this hotel for quite some time due to certain issues such as internet access and speed. I thought I would give it another try since they have completed renovations.
Unfortunately, updating internet speed and connectivity was not part of the renovations. This seems to be a Holiday Inn issue as I experience this at alost every Holiday Inn that I stay in. I'm always told that this will be brought up to the manager or the manager says they will look into it but nothing ever happens. I'm convinced they limit bandwidth and have no intention in making any changes.
The hotel itself is nice and clean. I didn't try the restaurant but did visit the lounge. The staff was nice but don't expect them to come ask if you'd like another drink. They are friendly but not too attentive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank westcanguy
Sally S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience at our property. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. With all our guests feedback regarding the Internet service, we have been working on the issues. The Internet upgrade service has been arranged for the following week. We will also look into the attentiveness of our lounge and restaurant servers as well. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you here again at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport and be able to provide you a better stay. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you again for your feedbacks.