“GOOD FOOD POOR SERVICE. GREAT AMBIANCE”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Edmonton
“GOOD FOOD POOR SERVICE. GREAT AMBIANCE”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food is not as good as it used to be before. The quality is going bad and service sucks. We had wait for 30 min for someone to attend us. Even for a glass of water I had to get up and fetch it myself. It used to be very good. The quality of food is average. The prices are reasonable for Calgary standards. Ambiance is very very good.

• Visited August 2013

Alberta, Canada
“I will have lunch here again”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I found the lunch buffet and service very good at this restaurant. I am not well versed in Indian food, but every dish I tried was enjoyable. Our server was prompt and very pleasant. We were very pleased with the décor of the restaurant and considered it upscale. There wasn't loud music and the acoustics allowed for a pleasant business conversation. Upon leaving, we noticed a bakery section near the entrance of the restaurant. There were a number of non-restaurant folks purchasing pastries. I will come back here for the next business lunch in North East Calgary.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank wbsAlberta
Toronto, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was on trip from Toronto to Vancouver by car with m friend. I ordered here chhana bhatoora here.It was not well cooked. It was the waste of money. Even the waiter don't know, how to treat the costumer

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank rehal78
Calgary, Canada
“The name says it all”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We decided on an Indian restaurant and just happened on this place. It was a pleasant surprize. the entrance was rather plain but once inside it was like being a small palace. There are two main rooms and a small one for a small group but the decor made you feel like you were in a foreign land.
The buffet food was tasty, rich and wonderful. Although there were fewer meat dishes (butter chicken and fish pakoras) the savory veggie meals made it oh so good. Washed down with a kingfisher, we had no complaints but the best part, the meal was $10 each. And judging by thae crowds, the reputation is out there. Go early and enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank DavidTAC
Vancouver, Canada
“wonderful”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My team of 7 were down in Calgary for a meeting and decided to dine at an East Indian restaurant. The food was delicious and fresh, and service was alright. The ambiance was beautiful. We loved what we experienced.

• Visited February 2012