“Finally had the chance to eat here”
Review of Pacini Calgary

Pacini Calgary
Ranked #94 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: it is located right next to the Acclaim hotel, Just north of the Calgary international airport on Barlow trail.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We often stay at the attached Acclaim Hotel (which is really awesome), when travelling through Calgary Airport, but it wasn't until recently that the timing worked out for us to actually eat at the restaurant.

The food was superb, the Bread Bar can be a meal unto itself, and our server was absolutely top-notch. When we mentioned my wife's food allergy (zucchini), she right away rattled off everything on the menu that would be okay, but assured us that she will make sure even if we order something that was okay, that the kitchen knew to take precautions.

If I lived in Calgary, I would be eating here quite regularly. I will also try to plan my travel through Clagary around being able to eat there again!

There are newer reviews for Pacini Calgary

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just came in from Mexico got to the hotel and decided to try Pacini. Wow it was so nice and had a bread bar which is a neat twist. Loved it.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great decor and service with ok pasta. Friends wanted to take us out last night and we decided to try Pacini for dinner and it wasn't bad. The pasta is not fresh homemade but it did have flavor and we came away with "we would go back". We really liked the toasted bread bar and the sparkling water and of course the chocolate cherries. Not cheap but not bad!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

It is definitely a popular place and has a bit above average food and a bread bar where you can toast your own bread and select from many spreads. It is attached to the Acclaim Hotel and I believe part of the same company.

The problem I have with the place is that the waitresses are clearly on a mission to add expensive modifications to your meal to run up the price.

I wanted a light meal and not many frills, the waitress insisted that it would be a much better meal with some additional elements when I said no she she had another set of additions. I finally caved after the 3rd offering. She insisted it would be custom made for me and fabulous. Well, turned out their were no mushrooms added and it was the same standard meal the table next to me had with no additional garnishments promised them either.

Ok to go but be prepared to just say no to the waitress who is apparently rewarded for selling extras you won't get.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was the third time that I ate at Pacini. The first time was with a female friend and we had an early dinner. The second was for lunch with a business colleague, and the third time was this evening with my husband. The other two times I visited the service was good, as was the food. The restaurant is a fair distance from our home, but we had a gift certificate that had to be used by Dec. 31, so ventured out on a blustery winter day. When we first were seated it was right beside the west facing windows and although there were baseboard heaters, it was very chilly. It took about 10 minutes for the server to attend to us; in the meantime my husband approached the person who seated us and asked for another table more in the middle of the restaurant. When we were seated, we waited another 10 minutes for someone to ask us if we would like something to drink. By that time we had already made our dinner selections. We ordered a half bottle of wine and the antipasto appetizer. The appetizer arrived before the wine. It was the Antipasto Regalino which stated that it had an "assortment of prosciutto, bocconcini cheese, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, herbed tomatoes, marinated olives and lupini." There was probably one slice of prosciutto, two pieces of bocconcini, lots of artichoke hearts, two olives and lots of lupini. All of this seemed to be thrown on a bed of lettuce - not very appealing to look at - and covered with olive oil. I had the Grilled Chicken Rosemarino, which comes with linguine, but when it arrived it came with fries. The server had forgotten to ask me which of the choices I wanted. It took another 5 minutes to have the dish replaced. The linguine was nicely cooked and the sauce was tasty. The Linguine Diavoliva wth Grilled Shrimp came with 2 skewers of appropriately cooked shrimp (not overcooked) and the pasta was nicely cooked. This restaurant has a bread bar and grill which seemed to be very popular. It should be noted that our server was also taking care of a table of 12 people and another group of about 40 people that came in the near the end of our visit. It's not surprising that he was not as attentive as he could be. In the future, we'll stick to familiar restaurants on our side of town.