“A Great Find!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Laurier Lounge
Ranked #61 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Canadian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beltline
Cross street: 11th and 12th avenues
Description: I tried to write a review of this restaurant, but was not found in search.
Calgary, Canada
“A Great Find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Decided to stop by here on a whim and wasn't expecting much but we were more than pleasantly surprised. From it's exterior the Laurier shows nothing special. Our hostess was a tad arrogant but servers were very professional and accommodating. Presentation was typically French and the food was more than delightful. I'm looking forward to our "next time" at the Laurier!

• Visited October 2013

Toronto, Ontario
“Atmosphere, food and service - a perfect combination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The favourite restaurant of a Calgary friend, he took me for there for brunch when I was in town. I loved it. Great service and an old house feel that makes for cozy and romantic spaces. I sat on a velvet-covered banquette in a small room with a fireplace and lots of warm dark wood decor. European music played softly in the background.

The food was exceptionally good, as was the coffee. I had the eggs Benedict forestiere which comes with fruit, French toast and other delicious trimmings. Since then I have recommended the restaurant to anyone heading to Calgary - it will be a staple part of any future visit, and I can't wait to try the evening menu, which has all the flair of a French bistro. A little bit of old Montreal in Calgary. Merci bien!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Trakette
Okanagan Falls, Canada
“The Fabulous Laurier Lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

A wonderful place for a quiet, romantic dinner. Food was outstanding. Servers knowledgeable regarding the menu and were very good at making suggestions. Wine list great and again servers were very good at making pairing suggestions. Not cheap but worth every penny and bite.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sharon H
Calgary, Alberta
“Probably won't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friend and I were checking out galleries on a recent Saturday and decided to try Laurier Lounge in spite of having read mixed reviews. The atmosphere is quaint, tables close together. The food was average....I had a quinoa salad that was mostly lettuce and definitely could have used a bump up in flavour. My friend had the strawberry crepes which were tasty but certainly not above the norm. In its favour however, is the fact that it is one of the few places open on a Saturday for lunch on 11 Avenue S.W.

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Food, Quaint Location, Moderate Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Laurier Lounge was recommended to us by a member of the hotel staff where we were staying. It was in walking distance and offered a good menu for weary business travelers who had not seen a suitable meal all day.

The weather was perfect so we opted to sit on the deck and were quick to be greeted by our waitress and offered drinks and menus. After placing our dinner order, time seemed to pass very slow and eventually our server mentioned there was a mis-communication in the kitchen and that it would be another 10 minutes for our meal, on top of the 40 we had waited.

Once the meal arrived, the risotto and chicken dishes were fabulous. The flavor was right on, and the portions were generous. It was difficult to locate a server after that point, but we didn't let the slowness/lack of attention ruin the meal...it was just too good to say anything bad.

Typically relying on Trip Advisor for where I dine in travel cities, it was good to receive this recommendation elsewhere, but find later that many agree, this is a place to go when downtown in Calgary!

• Visited August 2013