“Great job hosting our seminar!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great job hosting our seminar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have just completed a 3-Day seminar given at the hotel, with 30 participants. The hotel supplied a light breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch buffet, and audio visual assistance.
The staff was terrific! They were very responsive to all of our needs. Lunches were very well prepared and on time each day. This is extremely important in order to keep the attendees happy. The hotel's great service was reflected in the daily student critiques.

I especially want to thank Ranjith for his personalized service. He was always checking up on us and making sure we didn't run out of anything, including coffee (heaven forbid!). Great Job!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to know that your seminar went smoothly and that our team was able to take such good care of your group. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here in May of 2014 after a week long trip to Mexico. We were tired and needed a hotel. We got a discounted third party rate and were very happy with most aspects of this hotel. The beds were so comfortable and the room was nice and clean. The reception desk staff were excellent on check in and out. The only complaint was when the air conditioning kicked in there was a terrible rattle from the A/C. The fan was quiet and this noise only happened when the fan kicked in. The front desk was told the following morning as we were too tired to do anything that night. They offered to give points on the reward card they have but we don't stay there enough to make it worth it. I was expecting the usual:"well you booked through third party so there is nothing we can do" but they were nice and tried to help.
I did like the thick Carpet in the halls so there is no noise in the hall from people bring their luggage etc in. We stayed on a friday night with our room closest to elevator and did not hear anyone. This hotel is very new and that is nice for many reasons. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to know that you had a restful sleep on our Four Points Four Comfort Beds! We hope you had a wonderful vacation in Mexico and look forward to hosting you again on your next trip through Calgary!
Elbow, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for four nights and the service was excellent. The restaurant food was tasty and our server Sarah did an amazing job. She has an outstanding memory and always greeted us with a smile. A very nice person!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport and that you had a great dining experience! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
VBSrb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently was at FP by Sheraton for a weekend course and requested the gluten free options for breakfast and lunch.

I left it up to the chef to decide and the food was AMAZING! Both mornings I had an amazing omlette with gluten free bread and for lunch an amazing gluten free pizza and chicken salad.

The server for our function, Dominic, was very attentitve and made sure that my dietary needs were taken care of.

I definately recommed the location for training functions and for the food options.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your review! We strive to make all our guests feel at home from the guestrooms to the dining experiences! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed dining at Ric's Lounge & Grill and that all your dietary needs were met. We hope you are able to dine and stay with us again soon!
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Booked here for a conference and was not sure what to expect. From the time I hopped on the airport shuttle until I left (4 nights) it was a great experience. The staff worked very hard to welcome us and make sure every need was met. The service was better than I've sometimes experienced in large, 4-5 star hotels.
My only complaint...the hotel is in a commercial, industrial area. Easy airport access, but not a lot of green or walk ability around. The sidewalks are scattered, traffic heavy, not a good place for walking or running after a long day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We love hearing from our guests and are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay from beginning to end. Our location allows for great airport proximity to help make travel easy for our guests. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my second stay in the last four weeks. This stay was for two weeks. Spent most evenings in Rics Lounge and Grill when I was looked after by Christian and Sarah. Always a friendly welcome and courteous service. Got to know some of their personal background which made for cool conversation.

I'll be back many times in the next twelve months and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and especially this lounge.

Room Tip: 7th floor is the one!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you have become a repeat customer and that our great team makes you feel welcome each time! We look forward to continuing to be your home-away-from-home over the next year!
alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Too bad that I have to give this hotel a bad rating due to a staff being rude to us. This will be our 3rd or 4th stay in this hotel. Let us start with the good stuff.

The FA during check-in was very helpful. We were recognized as a Starwood preferred guest, welcomed us and put us in a Starwood Preferred Room. She was cheerful, polite, check-in was a breeze. The room is clean, spacious and I love the decor. We tried the pool, again it was clean, with lots of clean towels, the shower area was clean. We had dinner at Ric's, enjoyed the food, enjoyed the service. We requested for an extra bath robe and the houseman delivered it at the pool, really good service there.

Now let's talk about the bad. On our way out of the pool the FA informed us that the in-room dining we ordered was brought down again as we were not in our room. She even asked for my husband's name to double check. We told her there must have a mix-up as we didn't order any food or any drink as we are planning to dine in the restaurant. Ok no big deal, I thought everything is well. The next day turned the tv on and reviewed my charges. Was surprised to see a $15.66 charge for in-room dining. Called the FA (didn't get his name) and asked him about the charge and again informed them we had dinner at the restaurant and there shouldn't be any in-room dining charge. FA told me he will take care of it. 2 hours passed I received no phone call from them so I called back as I want to do an express check-out. Checked our bill on the tv and still showing the $15.66 charge. Called the FA and again explained to him it is not ours. FA told me and I quote "Somebody signed it so this must be yours." Challenged me to go downstairs so they can show me the signed receipt. At this point I was really frustrated and disappointed. Told FA that no thank you I am not going down to check on an $15.66 charge and will see them when we check out. And informed him that I will prove to you guys that the charge is not ours. For a ridiculous amount of $15.66, we are not going to scam the hotel. After he heard this he backed down a bit and told me they will remove it from my account if it is going to be an issue. Not really happy with the way we were treated by the FA the morning we checked out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank millet20
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our staff. We strive to make each guest feel welcome during their stay, and fell short in this instance. As this issue has since been addressed by our Front Office Manager, we trust that the issue has been resolved. Please reach out directly if I can be of further service - gm@fourpointscalgaryairport.com