“our stay and conference at Calgary Airport Four Points”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“our stay and conference at Calgary Airport Four Points”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is definitely on our list for future events. The staff was outstanding in attending to our every need. We hosted a 2 and half day conference and used Ric's Grill for a reception on Friday night. The food was tasty and well presented. The service was fast and efficiently took care of any details. The Willow ballroom was a bit tight for our over 200 attendees and exhibits. The room has an alcove at the far end where the exhibits were placed. Only enough room for 10 tables comfortably. The sleeping rooms are nicely appointed and we got upgraded to the presidential suite which was perfect for our staff meetings and preparation.There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms and a living dining room in the centre with a kitchen counter with sink and microwave and fridge.
We cannot complain about a thing. Jeff Stevenson was the Catering Manager and Karim was the front desk manager.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nancy S
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your recent conference. If your travels bring you back to Calgary, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Calgary is an expensive place with all the oil execs that book up all the downtown hotels. This four points is expensive but relatively cheaper. And well it gets booked up really quickly so don't wait until the last minute. It is by the airport which can be a hefty taxi ride.

It's a nice place... Quite clean and put together. None of the bells and whistles but fit for business travel. They do a have a full fitness center and a pool. I didn't pop in so I can't tell you what that's like.

They have a nice bar downstairs. The breakfast buffet is a little bare but it has the essentials like bacon! So I guess that's alright. Good price at around $16-ish dollars...

They do have a free shuttle to the airport but you have to book through concierge...

Yee-haw! I love the cowboys and boots!
Happy travels.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Travel_LLZ
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Four Points Calgary Airport. As a select service hotel we do offer roundtrip airport shuttle, a full-service restaurant and a fitness center with indoor pool. Plus, guests can enjoy free wireless Internet and bottled water. We hope that you continue to stay with us during your visits to Calgary. Thanks!
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April, 2013. The room was comfortable and a good size to spread out in. Didn't feel cramped at all. The bed was comfortable, with lots of large pillows. No dresser to put away clothes for an extended stay, but there were cubby-holes with baskets instead. It worked but not my favorite.

I liked the fact there was a small fridge and microwave available in the room, and that wifi and parking were free. The parking was a bit cramped, sometimes getting back late to the hotel I couldn't find a spot. Mostly on a weekend when Ric's was full.

I also liked that the hotel offered coupons for starpoints or restaurant credit if you didn't want your room cleaned every day. Once every third day is fine for me, so this worked well. Only downside is they don't mention that once you are on the "green" program you specifically have to ask for your room to be cleaned again when wanted.

Overall a comfortable stay, with very minor hiccups, so I'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dawnvip
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of Make a Green Choice during your stay. Take care!
Invermere, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March 2013 en route back from an intercontinental trip. I have stayed here on 3 prior occasions, and the great beds, friendly service, and proximity to both the Calgary airport and the Trans Canada highway are big pluses. The stay in summary was a very comfortable one in a new hotel and we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wynand L
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food is Great. The staff are Amazing. Great service everytime. The buffet breakfast is my favorite. It is something I crave when I stay at the Four Points. The staff all know me by name and when your away from home they make you feel like you are at home. At night they always have something on the big screen like a good hockey game or something sports natured to help me relax and unwind.

2 Thank Chris B
Nisku, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here and I have had excellent service by the front desk and restaurant/lounge staff.
They are very friendly and always willing to help in any way possible.
Jasmine who served me in the lounge was very friendly and prompt.

2 Thank Rob B
London, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When flying through Calgary I stay at either this Four Points or the Sheraton Cavalier depending upon the price at the time. Their rates seem to fluctuate considerably and, at times, you can stay at the Westin downtown Calgary for less (just be careful about extras like parking or shuttle to the airport if you stay downtown - sometimes it's not cheaper).

Nice rooms with very nice finishing. Exercise facility is reasonable. Pool area has a hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Fresh apples at the front desk.

The onsite restaurant is reasonably good and it has a nice bar. Better than average wine list for a small restaurant but still not over the top with choices.

NOTE: this trip my waiter had a terrible body odour issue and I was surprised to see several of the staff and management interact with him but, obviously, not saying anything. A good manager would have pulled him off the floor. I wasn't comfortable raising it at the time and forgot to say something to the manager before I left. If you're listening, Four Points management, he's an aussie. Nice guy and good service but he stinks.

Regardless . . . when the price is right I actually like this over the Sheraton Cavalier.

2 Thank YXUtraveller