Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsric's grillsauna and steam roomcalgary airportunderground parkingsunridge mallfree bottled waterfront desk staffclean hotelnewer hotelcomfortable bedsbreakfast buffetshuttle serviceminute drivesized bedmini fridgelong flightconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel off a discount website and was very pleased with how nice it was for the price. The shuttle from the airport took much longer than I expected (20 mins to get to the airport and then a 15 min drive to the hotel) so after a very long flight I was exhausted and cranky. The hotel is lovely, and the bar downstairs is very classy (just beware of the locals trolling for action). We were a little disappointed that the restaurant closed at 10:30 but other than that our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ValerieLeger
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is not really an airport hotel - others have noted this. But it is a new, clean, functional Four Points high rise. The pool is fine. The on-site restaurant is pretty hip. The service was great. The room was fine. It's not that far from downtown.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bbanks945
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks very much for taking the time to send your feedback.

You're right - the closure of Barlow Trail directly out of the airport has made travel time to all surrounding hotels make it feel a lot further away. Currently traffic that used to flow directly out of the airport via Barlow trail has been re-routed either via Deerfoot, or an alternative detour road that has been constructed.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Kelsey Jones
Sales Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I could write a long review but not to bore you here are the highlights:

- It is not close to the airport, it is actually far and with construction it is not very appealing for an airport location for me it took 15-20 minutes to the airport with GPS for a calgary native maybe less time?

- As someone commented earlier the beds are uncomfortable. I have to agree, I am very easy going when it comes to mattresses and beds but for some reason I could stay asleep and found the bed too hard. Apparently they commented that below that the beds are standard for every four points, I beg to differ. But that is my opinion.

- The Air Conditioning WAS SO LOUD. Usually not a big deal for me but was too loud, paired with the bed I had a horrible sleep. I wanted to take a video and upload it but I was tired and slept during the afternoon ;)

- Shower head was too low, I'm 6'0 tall and the shower head was as high as my shoulder. The water was also low pressure. If you are 5"5 and below this might be the right shower for you!

- Pool was small two people were in it, so we decided to not go but honestly I think having a pool is a huge plus and a good option both wet and dry steam rooms were available and adequate, the hot tub was broken which sucks because I wanted to use it :(

-If we want to get nit picky the printer in the hotel lobby needs new toner :p

Overall:

Pro's

- Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, room was big and clean, location has free parking, free wifi just no free breakfast. Tons of shopping and places to eat around, lots of good things about this place so don't take in all the bad. Pool, sauna, and gym available so thats a plus.

Bottom Line:

I booked using a popular site where the hotel is not named when purchasing I paid <$100/nt. I think this place provided decent value but did not surpass my expectations by any means.

I would consider other options in the area in the future but if I got a deal I would consider staying here again, as per my other review I stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport location. I would suggest this place over that location anyday. This is considered a 3 star hotel and I think I would check out 2-2.5's in the area surrounding they may provide slightly better value, although I prefer 4 stars+ when travelling in Calgary you cannot seem to get that without spending a ridiculous amount of money.

Summary:

Book if you get a deal with everything above in mind. Pack a swim suit.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Call ahead and confirm your room when I checked in I had the last room of my type.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank S S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel has become a favourite of mine for short business trips to Calgary, and have stayed with the family too. Staff are friendly and efficient, and the rooms clean and quiet. The free internet has always worked well for me (unlike my experience at some other hotels), and the attached Ric's Grill is a quality restaurant. It should be noted that in common with most "airport" hotels in Calgary, roadway changes mean it takes considerably longer to get to the airport than it once did.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DX2GO
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I needed a hotel for 2 nights of work close to the airport. I was surprised by the fact that it took nearly 40 minutes to get to the airport at 330 in the afternoon and was actually concerned that I might be arriving too late. There is construction going on at the airport which has limited the previously easy airport access.

The Sheraton rooms were at standard for Sheratons: quiet, comfortable, clean. I liked having Ric's to eat at. I would stay there again and will contemplate running the conference at that venue next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business