“Great Hotel by Calgary Airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Chicago
“Great Hotel by Calgary Airport”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After having just stayed at a very disappointing Four Points in Edmonton, I was looking forward to arriving to this hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised with the overall appearance, Ric's Grill and space. The room was very spacious and well equipped for business travelers. I will definitely book this hotel the next time I'm in Calgary as it has more going for it than other properties I've stayed at in Calgary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SeanKStewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto
Reviewed April 27, 2012

As a business traveller I dread hotels and they are never impressive enough for me to want to take the time to write a review. This is the first I have ever written about and I am doing it because I was so very impressed with the hotel. The bed was one of the best I have slept in and the pillows were exceptional. Certainly better then the crumbled cardboard at Holiday Inns. Ric's restaurant which is attached to the hotel was exceptional. Our server - Katie was pleasant and the service she provided was what you would expect from a 5 Star Restaurant. The food was also something to rave about - so if you get the chance be sure to eat there. we were so impressed we asked to speak with the manager as too often we ignore the good and complain about the bad - but it is important to recognize great service. Christy the manager made it well worth the time to say thank you. So bottom line - if you have to stay somewhere this hotel will be something you enjoy and will be gald you did.

1 Thank Deb B
Powell River
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The two of us had a layover in Calgary from Comox, flying down to Palm Springs the next morning. The Staff were really attentive - the shuttle picked us up promptly and when we arrived, everything was in order. We were greeted quickly and even though there was a big wedding in progress, we were checked in an on our way to the room in minutes. The bed was super comfy, the room was clean and even though we had a very short stay, it was very good. Breakfast was not included in the price (which was very reasonable) but the restaurant on the main floor was open early and the food was good. The free shuttle took us directly to the airport when we were ready to go so we had plenty of time before our flight. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the rates for AAA holders online - I got a great price that way
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2012

As a Sales Professional my time spent at a hotel is very important to me and my stress relief after a busy day. I would like to aknowledge the team at the Four Points Sheraton Airport for be extremely friendly, courtious, and professional on my visits there. The rooms are outstanding especially for the work area provided with a great desk, wifi, and great lighting. The workout facility is also quite nice. The parking and food are also worth a mention as I enjoy that experience as well.
I already tell my friends and colleagues about this amazing gem of a hotel!!

Room Tip: Regarless of your room, the beds are outstanding!
1 Thank Chris B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in April on a business trip. Usually I stay down the street at the Sheraton Cavalier, but our company travel booking centre mixed up the hotels and booked me here instead. I have to say I wasn't that upset about once I settled in. Firstly, the rate was extremely reasonable for the quality. I found the staff friendly enough (although I didn't need them for "help" with anything, so I really only dealt with them on check-in and check-out). I like that they provide free wi-fi (having come directly from another stay in Edmonton at the Westin where I had to beg the front desk to give me complimentary internet in my room). The hotel is new, clean, modern, and what you would expect from a Sheraton Four Points. The beds where comfortable and I had no issues except for maybe the lighting (I find the new energy efficient bulbs harsh, but what can you do...saving mother nature is worth it and I guess gives this hotel points in my book). Everything about the hotel is basic, but nice and clean. The gym was good, a bit small but not very crowded so that was ok. I ate one night at Rics. They had a decent wine selection and the menu was typical "Joeys or Earls" chain restaurant fare. I actually found the breakfast affordable, contrary to another review I read here. A "big" breakfast was only $14, and the continental $9. The hotel is about 15-20 min outside of downtown depending on the traffic. If I was to stay in this area again for business I would chose this hotel

1 Thank Caribbean_Zingara
Alberta
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed here with my 91 year old mother. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.
The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We ate at Ric's and found the
food was hot, and tasty. I would definately eat here again. I would also stay at this Sheraton again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MargaretAlberta
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel met our expectations. It is new, clean, good rooms with everything you need. The staff were helpful. The only issue is it's a bit isolated if you have no car, we had originally planned to hire a car but our plans changed. The Ric's diner attached to the hotel was very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple