“Large rooms, good airport hotel.”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights-double room on 5th floor was very spacious & very clean. Room had a strong smell of cologne when I opened the door-called the front desk to have housekeeping come up with an air neutralizer but no one ever showed up. Room had fridge and safe and nice flat screen tv. First meal and service at Rics restaurant was terrible-spinach salad ordered next night was very good. Hotel was a bit noisy but was able to drown it out with fan/air conditioner. Shuttle service to airport is available. Very bright, wide hallways. Small convenience store located next to front desk for snacks, beverages and necessity items-business centre located in front lobby. I found staff friendly-overall, a nice, clean hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leah S

Reviewed March 13, 2012

There are a few things any traveller at a quality hotel is looking for,
1. Is it clean? yes
2. What are the amenitiy's like? ok
3. What is the value of the stay? bad
4. How are the staff? awful

I would have to say that , having stayed at Sheraton properties internationally I would say that they have always nailed every point and this particular hotel is the exception not the rule.
Calgary's Four point sheraton is only ranked 3/5 because of their staff.
By far, the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel in Alberta for staffing.
The staff were snotty and unhelpful at best. Calgary is generally a friendly city full of helpful people and friendly smiles. I actually thought I was in a Toronto hotel. That nose in the air snobby attitude seems to infest this particular location.
We had actually stayed there for a business trip. And time after time I heard about the problems that my fellow co-workers were having from the staff. They seem to take pride in being unhelpful.
Another reason why you might not want to stay here? No breakfast. There is a growing trend among hotels to offer free wi-fi, and breakfast. At the 4 points, you get our choice of no breakfast or a ridiculously priced breakfast (I believe about $20) at Ricks.
Wow. $20 for some eggs?
It wasn't all bad. There were good rooms. The bad staff make it pointless to pick this dissapointing hotel. Only stay here if you are getting a great price or if you have a coupon.

Room Tip: try not to stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank samsonbeta
Fourpointsairport, Sales Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank-you so much for taking the time to send your feedback. We really appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests and use it as a tool to proactively look at areas where we can improve. Perceived value is important to us, and is why we offer many amenities complimentary that other properties charge for. Complimentary wireless internet throughout the property, free parking, coffee, tea, daily newspaper and bottled water are little touches we like to provide our guests to make them as comfortable as possible during their stay. We are passionate about customer service and would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night in November 2011 as I had an early morning flight. The rooms are very clean and remarkably quiet for being located near the airport. As others have mentioned, very comfortable beds. Very much appreciated the free wifi in the rooms considering how some hotel chains charge an arm and a leg for an amenity that is becoming increasingly standard. Being a short stay, I did not eat at the hotel restaurant or use the various amenities (ie. spa, gym); however, my colleagues and I did enjoy a drink at Ric's Lounge, which was nice and modern. The hotel is located in kind of a more industrial area, which is not surprising as it's close to the airport; however, there are a number of stores and restaurants in the Sunridge Mall which is about a 10 minute walk away. Excellent option for those flying out of Calgary airport, it is short cab ride (about 5 mins) away.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank OttawaDixie
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed to this hotel on my last night in Calgary (before flying back) and just have good words for this place. I would definitely go back on my next trip to Calgary and recommend this hotel.

The location is excellent to 10 minutes drive from the airport. The beds were so comfortable and the room nicely decorated. Lots of working space, nice washroom, fridge and a free bottle of water (they do not do as other places and try to sell it at $4.00)! Free parking great too!

There are lots of restaurants around (McDonald and Tim Horton just at the door) and good steakehouse and other good restaurants at a 5 minutes drive. There is a mall and shopping area at 2-3 blocks and a casino at a 5 mins drive.

Room Tip: As usual, try to stay away from elevators and ice machines... but ice machines and vending are in a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frick_inc

So glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thanks very much for taking the time to send those kind words. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good location if you need to be in the North East (airport) side of Calgary.
Beds are great and the pool, hot tub, stream room and sauna are all bonuses.
We only stayed one night as we were traveling through Calgary but everyone in our family agreed that we would all stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ATW2009
Reviewed January 31, 2012

good standard hotel, clean decent quality rooms, but i was disappointed because i had requested an spg gold upgrade well in advance but that wasnt provided and neither was breakfast instead
free shuttle is advertised but they actually charge you one way!
however the staff is quite friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kingjkhan
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Thought I would try it because it was a good rate. Room was less than average - badly applied laminate to the entryway that would click every time you stepped on it (would drive the people on the floor below crazy I think); bathrooms with white tile, white grout, white textured wall paper - note to hotels, unless you want the staff to carry buckets of bleach with them every day and spend hours getting that bathroom pristine DO NOT DO THIS because every little mud coloured mark becomes questionable (WHAT is that? is this bathroom not clean?); plug in bathtub did not work at all; hall noise; impossible heating/ventilation system. Did like the little moveable table. Nice view of a self storage facility (sarcasm).

They wouldn't extend the rate when my time there had to be extended - they immediately defaulted to the highest rate and the desk told me they could charge me that rate or I could go book it online. What? No hotel staff at a desk should tell someone to 'go book it online'. I chose to go book it online...with another hotel.

Tip - stay if the rate is better than any other hotel, but don't go to this one if everything is equal.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are good rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business