“Beautiful food but it took forever to be served!”
Review of Calypso's Taverna

Calypso's Taverna
Ranked #147 of 3,605 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Beautiful food but it took forever to be served!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were invited there, I liked the atmosphere although I'd rather to hear more Greek music. (There were some Turkish and Middle Eastern songs being played that night!). Anyway the food was absolutely beautiful and I really enjoyed it. We all felt same that way. I'm not saying did they ought to serve us any dessert or complimentary drink because of the delay but at least they could present the offers or any other offer in return of their very long delay!

• Visited February 2013

“Great service good food a winning combination”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Trio of dips to share set us off to a good start, fresh warm pita and well made dips. The rest of the meal was tasty and cooked well. The Waiters were friendly, knew the menu and didn't rush us at all . All round good experience if you like Greek food i would recommend giving this place a try.

Calgary
“Enjoyable Dining experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife loves Greek food so when trying to figure out where to take her out for her birthday dinner. I looked up restaurants in tripadvisor and found this place quite highly rated so with no reservations we drove there and were lucky enough to get a table. The staff were very attentive, polite and actually quite friendly. My wife forgot her reading glasses and the server went a got a pair for her so she could read the menu. We ordered drinks and our meal, there was some confusion on the appetizer, saganaki as we received the salads before the appetizer. The server offered to pay for half of the cost because of the delay. The greek salad was excellent, vegetables crisp and fresh, they use Vlahos Cow Feta so it compliments the salad instead of dominating it. The main courses were quite good, I had the Pork Special and my wife had the Dolmades.The only drawback were the vegetables being slightly overdone. Desert was outstanding. The belly dancer was a lot of fun and involved most of the dining patrons. Not being an expert on dining but what I have found that dining in a Greek Restaurant involves entertainment of some type. The place was a little noisy full of patrons out for an enjoyable evening meal. At the end of the meal when the server found out we were celebrating my wife's birthday she offered up some ouzo to cap the evening off. The whole meal, drinks, appetizers, main course, desserts and coffee was under 90 dollars before tip.

tip. parking can be a little tight on the lot but there is onstreet parking available.
go early if you want to have some of the daily special. They had some of the pork left at 7 pm when
we arrived but the seafood special was gone already.
enjoy.

Calgary, Canada
“Greek Delight”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent food. Last minute idea on Valentine's day to check out Calypso's Taverna. I have been looking for another great Greek restaurant in north west Calgary since my favourite had closed. To my delight Calypso was able to squeeze me and my family in on short notice. My wife and I shared the appetizer platter (for two) plus a Greek salad. This was plenty!!. Our daughter had the lamb souvlaki which was prepared to order. Decor is a little dated but the food and service will get you over that. Well Done.

Edmonton
“Yummy Yummy yummy”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a find! This friendly family run restaurant was just across the street from our B&B. The food was absolutely delicious, the belly dancer totally entertaining. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and you felt at home when you walked in thanks to the friendly and helpful staff.

Visited December 2012