“The original is the best!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thi Thi Vietnamese Submarine
Ranked #468 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Thi Thi is the original sub-sandwich food place I've known and has really been an institution in Chinatown. This place serves an authentic, fresh, and line-up worthy Vietnamese sub ever! If you want something tasty and fresh (and cheap!), go here. You'll never regret it!

1  Thank flowerdrumsong

Reviewed November 17, 2012

When we have an hour to shop and grab a quick lunch this is my choice for a workday lunch. Thi Thi does whole wheat subs and they make them as spicy as you like. I love my spice and appreciate that they can get serious for those who like it hot.

1  Thank Flying_canadian
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good tasting and fast, a healthier choice than American fast-food. You cannot go wrong with a bowl of rice and some meat such as chicken or beef thinly slices and grilled to perfection with teriyaki sauce, compared to some burger joint offering 3000 calories in one cardboard box.

3  Thank Captain_Rob_D
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is hands down the best Vietnamese Submarine I have ever had. It keeps luring me back. The line can be slow, but the family that runs the shop is sweet, and the subs are worth any wait.

1  Thank RRR304007
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I go to this place any time I have a chance and I do not bring lunch to work (sometimes I even put my lunch in the fridge and go for the sub). Usually is a big line up which extends way far away from the entrance (around 10 people waiting to get the subs) and this will tell you something - line up to get a sub!!! Why? Because I think is one of the best subs I had in my life. It is a small family run business with dad in front and mom and son at the back. Their success? I do not know but I go back there anytime when I have a chance. They even have clip news from paper dated few years back when they won the Sub war and recently a phote with Mayor Nenshi at their place.

1  Thank Travelerspain75