Hotel Le Germain Calgary
$157
$92
$86
Travelocity
All reviewscharcut restaurantnespresso machinemolton brown toiletriesrain showerwalk in closetvalet parkingboutique hotelgreat hotelmodern designcontinental breakfastcorner roomironing boardheart of downtownshower headstephen avenuevalet servicecomfortable bed
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Like other Canadian cities, the "best in Calgary" definitely deserves five stars if you are looking only comparatively within the city. As compared to the best hotels in New York, London, Hong Kong, etc., it's tough to give Le Germain five stars. But in just Calgary it deserves it. The hotel is perfectly located -- across from the Calgary tower, two blocks away from shopping, a block away from a reasonable restaurant strip. The rooms themselves are very modern and spacious. Having Charcut as your local restaurant is a great add as well although it can get tiring if you end up there too often. The "breakfast" isn't much of one, but given that it's included with the room I suppose one can't complain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband encouraged me to take a night away on my own to recharge after a stressful Christmas, and I picked Hotel Le Germain. I stayed in a deluxe corner suite (with city views and bath tub). From the moment I walked in, I was overwhelmed by an air of luxury; the ambiance floated right up into my nostrils and calmed my brain. The details! The DETAILS I said! I returned to my room after an evening out to find: the TV on the fireplace channel, my sheets turned down, a carafe of fresh water by the bedside, and a special little chocolate in the shape of a cube-- I bit into it and liquid caramel blanketed my tongue and fulfilled my soul.
I spent extra time in the shower, the shower heads were perfection and the body wash and shampoo were high end and smelled amazing...
I was excited by every little thing, it was all so perfect. I felt like a celebrity staying there. Did I mention the bed? I don't think I've ever fallen asleep so quickly, and I've never slept so well in a bed that wasn't my own! I need to call the hotel and ask where I can buy some of those pillows.
My only WTF moment there was that no one picked up my breakfast order card, but nevermind, because they were prompt once I called in the morning. I enjoyed the Nespresso machine immensely as well!
In my room, they kept a stocked mini bar and snack drawer (extra charge of course) full of pringles, chocolate coated pretzels, nuts, twizzlers, granola bars, etc... there was even an "intimacy kit" (2 condoms) which I thought was adorable but also made me aware that sex had probably occurred in the bed which I was about to sleep in... at some point... but at least they're realistic and want to promote responsibility!
Oh I just loved it all and I won't shut up about Hotel Le Germain. I want to go back ASAP because I felt special there. Next time I will definitely plan better and visit their Sante Spa...
DO go if details are important and appreciated. The location is great and the value is incredible considering what you're getting! No wonder they win awards!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We spent 5 nights here over Christmas. The hotel is perfectly situated in downtown Calgary, close to pretty much everything. It is very modern in both the rooms and common areas. The decor is very "lofty", right up our alley. The room was spacious, the bed super comfortable. The breakfast was good, Lattes etc made to order. The staff is one of the friendliest we have encountered anywhere. Always quick with a helping hand or a simple greeting. We would certainly stay here again.

I noticed one review that commented on someone entering the bathroom could hit you with the door if you leave the shower at the same time. Both rooms we were in had sliding loft doors to the bathrooms and the shower doors opened into the stall so not sure what they were talking about.

I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a boutique feel in the heart of Calgary.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevenv
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is wonderful, great ambiance, fabulous customer service, so close to lots of local shopping and food. Draw back was they knew we were celebrating an anniversary, we asked for a quiet room and were placed right infront of the elevators which was quite annoying when you are craving peace and quiet time alone, also they would not accomidate some special requests which I was willing to pay for.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a corner suite as there really is no special views
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We picked this hotel from a third party booking company online after we realized we were too tired to make the full trip and had to stop in Calgary. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel and the price we paid for right downtown Calgary. It's an upscale boutique hotel, with modern amenities and details. The guest room was a bit dark, but very nicely laid out. The included wi-fi and breakfast were very nice (and more generous than the "other" boutique hotel in Calgary downtown). Overall, no complaints and we'll be staying again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple