Hotel Le Germain Calgary
$158
$132
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$227
  • Restaurant
$88
$86
Great 4.5/5
Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$93
Acclaim Hotel
$73
Good 3.5/5
Lakeview Signature Inn - Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$86
$67
$84
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscharcut restaurantnespresso machinemolton brown toiletriesrain showerwalk in closetvalet parkingboutique hotelgreat hotelmodern designcontinental breakfastcorner roomironing boardheart of downtownshower headstephen avenuevalet servicecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Le Germain on a recent weekend trip to Calgary. The hotel is a boutique style hotel in the middle of downtown Calgary, just across the street from the Calgary Tower. The hotel is very "European" modern with nicely decorated rooms. It's an upscale hotel so it's priced accordingly. The room rate is not cheap but not bad when you consider Le Germain is easily one of the top 5 hotels in Calgary. For weekend stays the hotel appears to offer a reduced rate. The hotel is more geared for adults so I would not recommend it if you're travelling with young children.

The rooms were clean and we liked the modern design. We travel with lots of electronic gadgets like laptops and cell phones so we really liked the large work desk with every type of plug-in that you would need to charge or power up your devices. The hotel offers free internet and it worked perfectly with good connection speed. I was able to stream video with no problem. The rooms do not appear to have microwaves but do have fully stocked bars with drinks and snacks

We pulled up in our vehicle and there was someone to assist us and to offer valet parking right away. Since our stay was short and we would not need our car till we checked out, we splurged with the valet parking @ $38 per day. If you're staying longer you may want to do self park. We checked in around 4 PM and there were lots of staff working the front desk. Check in was efficient, fast and friendly.

The hotel is nicely located for visiting Calgary. There all sorts of restaurants within close walking distance but make sure you make dinner reservations early, especially on a Friday or Saturday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here at beginning and end of a ski trip in Canadian Rockies. First night we stayed in a deluxe king room which was lovely. Modern design. Room beautifully maintained, cool bathroom and comfy beds. Not large but perfect. Location is downtown within walking distance or short cab ride to wherever you need to go in Calgary. All staff were very nice and helpful. We watched the Superbowl in the nice lobby bar which is not large but very nice. Continental breakfast was included in price for us and it was served in a small breakfast room- adequate but not exceptional. Lattes and cappuchinos available on request. When we returned about two weeks later for a night's stay we wete informed that we were being upgraded. OMG. We were placed in a penthouse room that was huge-a diningroom, kitchen, separate sitting area with large couch, TV, and a huge lovely table was in center of the room. The bedroom, completely separate from the rest of the suite was fabulous- it was huge with a beautiful bath with separate shower and tub. Bed was great. I am not sure why we were upgraded but the room was simply amazing. Once again the staff could not have been more pleasant from the valet to the front desk personnel. If you are going to Calgary this is the hotel to stay at. It is not inexpensive but you most definite get what you pay for-and a bit more.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank sftcat
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Great stay here - super staff, really great rooms with every little touch you can imagine - like the glasses on the bathroom sink have the room number etched in them, and the desks have every style charger available. This was so tasteful, so comfortable and so perfect - I running out of ways to praise them.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was planning a special get away for my husband and I for our 8th anniversary and I wanted to do something special on a roof top. I emailed so many places in Calgary, some never responded, some took up to 2 weeks to get back to me, others said they could not accommodate my request and didn't even offer an alternative. When I finally got to Le Germain Hotel it was like a god send. I heard back immediately from Glen Mckenzie who gave me information right away. My original idea ended up not working out for me so Glen handed me over to the concierge, the wonderful Zahava!!! Not only was she helpful, but she had wonderful ideas and managed to get my husband and I time alone of the roof with a mini bottle of champagne ( which they never ended up charging us for). She also arranged for a box of specialty donuts, an inside joke for my husband with a note from me, to be in our room when we arrived. (They also didn't charge us for the donuts as another gift for our anniversary) The room was so chic, large and amazing. Everything was clean and the bed was like a cloud. The room had a big tv, huge bathroom with a rain shower and lots of space to do hair and make up. She also arranged for our dinner reservations in the hotel restaurant the Charcut. We ended up getting some free apps there and the service was amazing. Upon return to our room there was another bottle of good wine in our room as yet another gift with a lovely note congratulating us. The continental breakfast was very tasty, there was a good variety of things to eat. Zahava answered all of my many emails and all of my million questions with care and she was so sweet. They only thing I regret was not being able to meet her when we were there as she was out of town. This upscale hotel is worth every penny, they take amazing care of you, they pay attention to detail and make you feel welcome.They go way above and beyond to make your stay perfect. I would go back again in a heart beat and I would recommend you go as well you won't regret it!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandie O
Robert D, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Sandie O,

Thank you for sharing your comments and the experience you had while staying with us. It gave us great pleasure sharing your comments with our team! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Le Germain for many more anniversaries!

Robert D'orazio
rdorazio@germaincalgary.com

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had driven through the Rockies to arrive at our final destination of Calgary and being a Saturday night I wanted to stay downtown and somewhere a bit special. This hotel is downtown but as for somewhere special...afraid not! At a price of £165 for a nights stay for two people with breakfast ( sort of continental +)included, it is not cheap either. From the offset at check-in there appeared to be some confusion as to what room we were to stay in and in the end we were shown to a room on the 5th floor, which was of adequate size but had the feel of coldness and darkness about it. Especially as after a long drive I was looking for a nice warming bath only to be told that there are only a few rooms with a bath and there all gone, which led me to think why I booked a "superior" room at this hotel? It was of course one of these ultra modern hotels with all the latest gizmos but lacking any character, something I could associate with the staff too. As they seemed to be full that night, something to do with a "Red Bull" event and somewhat overstretched. This manifested itself in the morning on check out as it took nearly 45 minutes for our bags to be collected from the room and the car to be delivered to the door, so that we could leave. As I say the room had all the gizmos but perhaps lending to the darkness was the view from the window, which was straight across the street to another building, hence why the blinds were continually closed. Breakfast in the morning was a "bun-fight", I guess because they were full as everything was running out as soon as it was replaced and it appeared that they offer breafast in a sort of large room rather than a restaurant setting, probably leading to the "supply" situation as I mentioned. At one time they even ran out of hot water for my tea, the worse of the worse for an Englishman on holiday, let alone the no bath scenario earlier.
The main benefit is that the hotel is a block from the centre of the city and right in front of the Calgary tower but for me it doesn't compensate the indifferent approach of the staff and the "gloomy" (or maybe I am old fashioned )but dark interior of the hotel. And that bath thing!!!

Room Tip: If you need it make sure you ask for a room with a bath!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple