WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Three Hills, Canada
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

had a great time! the hotel room was so beautiful. we stayed for our anniversary and they left us a note as well as a bottle of wine! it is the first time i have got choclates by the bed:) we will happily stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janet437
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello janet437,

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy to see that you selected our hotel for your special occasion. We look forward to seeing you again for your next anniversary stay. If you need anything at all please let us know. Thanks again.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've reviewed this hotel before - I visit regularly for business. It continues to satisfy - great service, good staff, elegant appointments, quiet, rooms large and comfortable, good for working in - large desk, classy bathroom (once you figure out how to turn the shower on), lovely soaps and shampoos, beds very comfortable, hotel just the right size. Jil and Zahava at the concierge desk actually went out for me on a Sunday and procured a Sunday New York Times - it's just an example of what the staff will do to respond to a request. I find the breakfast to be very good although some European colleagues felt for a luxury hotel it didn't provide as much as such a hotel should (you pay an extra $14 for an omelette for example). Two small complaints - the wooden shutter blinds are handsome but don't cut out all the ambient light. In the bathroom there's nothing to put your feet on to towel your legs off or apply body cream. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor either on the west or north sides. Quieter away from 9th Avenue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank prairieboy46
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The outside of the building is your first indicator that this is a cool hotel. The second is the happening scene in the hotel restaurant (no really). Charcut was buzzing on a Thursday night (not typical of downtown Calgary) and the food was excellent. If you're entertaining clients I would recommend Charcut since the "sharring" plates are great for, well...sharring. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are luxurious. The breakfast room encourages communial dinning which I liked- as a frequent business traveller sometimes it's nice not to eat on your own all the time. If you have a generous business expense account this is a great hotel, it's also very secure if you're a women traveller with safety concerns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jwigg2
Hello Jwigg2,

Thank you for the excellent review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed both CHARCUT and Le Germain. We appreciated the comments you left and hope to see you again in the near future. Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future. Thanks again.

crazytreamtravel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I first stay in the Hotel Le Germain about 8 years ago in Montreal. I remember being very impressed by the modern style and excellent service. I have also stay at Le Germaine in Toronto. The Hotel has never disappointed and remains the perfect business hotel.

The location in Calgary is not perfect, just a block or two away from the core of the city and it is difficult to get a taxi.

I love the free wifi, I do not understand why some hotels still charge. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever sleeped in, perfect for the tired traveller.

Surprisingly the fitness facility is just slightly above average and they need to improve the signage for the different elevator banks...a cold early morning run between towers!!!

I was bothered by the $2.50 charge for Nespresso coffee in the room, most hotels I have stayed In That provide a Nespresso machine provide the coffee free...and all hotels should provide this in-room service.

Desk is perfecting for working, with lots of plugs for charging ipad and blackberries and the room and hotel style is first rate.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Crazyteamtravel
Hello Crazyteamtravel,

We want to thank you for the positive review you have left and feedback you shared. We are constantly upgrading our Fitness Centre and recently completed an expansion of this area. We now have installed signage on all elevators; we agree this is important and completed this right away. We have complimentary coffee in our lobby lounge until 4pm every day and in our breakfast room during breakfast hours. Once again, thank you for the review and feedback provided. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our wedding night. We debated on a number of downtown hotels but decided on the Hotel Le Germain because of the Trip Advisor rating. We weren't disappointed. The hotel allowed me to come early in the day to drop off my bags and park my car in their parking garage. Later in the night when we got to the hotel, the staff had written us a lovely congratulations card and accompanied it with a bottle of champagne. The bedroom was HUGE and offered a great view. The shower was fantastic, and I enjoyed staring out over the Bow building while showering. I recommend this hotel for a stay in Calgary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt B
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were just staying one night in Calgary, & this hotel was well located in the centre of the city near the tower & the shopping areas. Beautifully sleek reception, and the room turned out to be the same. This was the first of 3 hotels in this chain we stayed in, and none of them disappointed. Comfortable, massive bathroom, lots of space, good breakfast. And a decent restaurant as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeTY2000
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at night. Everything inside too was very dark.
The room itself had the best ambiance lighting I had ever seen. Very relaxing. The wood build-ins throughout the room must have cost a fortune! The layout and features were very well thought out.

However....by day, everything was still really, really dark. With the lights on at full blast, the window coverings fully open, I coudn't not see very well. Trying to get dressed for a meeting and trying to put my make-up on properly in the dark bathroom was not fun.

The walk-in closet was to die for and super, but I agree with the other comments about the sad fold-up ironing board...why not put put a full sized one in the closet????

The silliest thing I saw was that the ceiling was painted pitch black. It it was off-white maybe the guests wouldn't complain so much about the darkness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matisse24
Hello Matisse24,

Thank you for the review and the feedback you have shared. We have actually purchased additional lamps for all rooms and we should see them early in 2013. We always have full size ironing boards if requested. Many guests prefer to have the ironing board out of the way. If you can get back to me, I will ensure that we have a full size ironing board in your room for future stays. Once again, thanks for the review and the feedback you have shared. Look forward to hear from you, mschaay@germaincalgary.com.