Hotel Le Germain Calgary
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewscharcut restaurantnespresso machinemolton brown toiletriesrain showerwalk in closetvalet parkingboutique hotelgreat hotelmodern designcontinental breakfastcorner roomironing boardheart of downtownshower headstephen avenuevalet servicecomfortable bed
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Travelled to YYC for business and finally had a chance to stay at Le Germain. Fantastic experience. Helpful staff, wonderful room and I enjoyed some time in the lounge with friends. It is close to numerous restaurants on Stephen Avenue and major cultural attractions. The rainfall shower was a fantastic way to get my morning off to a solid start.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank amusicalchap
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beautifully appointed modern hotel in the heart of downtown Calgary. The first time I stayed in room 1005 and just loved it.

This time, I was on a lower floor but they moved me to a higher floor so I could get the same room layout. I also wanted a quiet room away from street noise. I bet the other rooms are better but I was in love with my room! The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The atmosphere is like an upscale W on steroids... but 10 times better. I'm a starwood's gold member but choose to stay here vs. the Westin up the street. The hotel is not pretentious at all. The breakfast room which is included has everything you could want and more. Lovely fruits, pastries, cheese, cereals, organic yogurts, eggs etc. The restaurant in the hotel Charcut grill is one of the best restaurants in Calgary..I ate there twice.
Location is also a plus... walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc.

1  Thank casamoir
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Hello casamoir,

We just want to thank you for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate the feed back and we were excited to share this review with our team. Thanks again and if I can ever be of any assistance please let me know.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great location opposite the Calgary tower, nice hotel - very modern feel, spacious rooms and good service. Quite expensive - 35 dollars a day for parking, and they charge for the Nespresso in the rooms. Would certainly come back. We stayed in a Deluxe King room - nice and roomy for 2.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimsquirrel
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Hello jimsquirrel,

Thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We understand how the parking can be perceived as expensive. Our rates are very competitive for the downtown core and other properties. We also have a weekend package that includes parking. We offer complimentary coffee in our lobby lounge and breakfast room. We apologize that we did not make you aware of the complimentary coffee. Once again, thank you for the review and please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very pleasant and prompt staff from the front desk to valet parking to breakfast. Rooms are very modern and inviting.with a unique but attractive layout and design, comfortable beds, upscale toiletries, warm shower and robes, large working desk area and flat screen tv. Choice of complementary newspaper. Continental breakfast included in an attractive dining area on the second floor. First impressions were wonderful but - the room did not provide a comfortable nights sleep which is my number one criteria. The room was too warm for me to sleep comforably, and getting up late at night with the poor room lighting near the thermostat I was unable to adjust it down sufficiently to cool off the room, forcing me to open the widow which let in more anoying street noise. There was also more noise coming from inside the hotel duirng the night than I am used to; pehaps in part to heavy wood sliding doors separating the baths from the main rooms and other mechanical equipment in the hotel. In the early morning (Monday morning) several dumpsters below my room were emptied by different trash collection services beginning at 5 am which was quite noisy. The hotel has a number of positives and I may be willing to give it another try due to its charm, but no way will I take a room on the alley side again. Sticking to a room facing Ninth or Centre streets may be a better option.

Room Tip: Rooms on the alley side may be noisy early in the morning if trash is collected during your stay.
2  Thank MovinOnAlong

Hello MovinOnAlong,

Thank you for the valued feedback, we really do appreciate the review. In regards to the room temperature, we set all of our rooms at a standard temperature of 22 on colder days and 21 on warmer days. Knowing that you found the room to warm, we can add notes to your profile to have the temperature set to a desired level for yourself for all future stays. We can also place notes ensuring that you are placed on the Centre Street or 9th ave side of the hotel. We are aware that the alley can create noise, especially for lighter sleepers. We have been working with the City to try and come up with a more suitable schedule for our guests. If you could contact myself directly I can ensure that these notes are added to your profile, ensuring your next stay will be perfect. That is our number one goal. Once again, thanks for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Great Hotel that caters to the business class but has what it takes to make a superb couples getaway. Service was extraordinary from the valet parking to the front desk staff. Room was spacious and well appointed. The Rainfall shower was a welcome relief at the end of a busy day. Perfect location to hit the nightspots and restaurants in the downtown.
The breakfast included with the room is really nice, fresh fruit, yogurt and oatmeal plus all the usual fare with the serve yourself hotel breakfast. 2 items that stopped it from getting 5 stars is that if you stay in the rooms facing west, you have no view except the offices next door and at 5:30 every morning the garbage trucks come and empty the dumpsters and the sounds echo up the west side very loudly. Plus if you like your beds on the hard side then you may have issues with the beds. Otherwise I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the westside. See review
2  Thank Waytar

Hello Waytar,

We would like to thank you for the great comments about the hotel. We really do appreciate the feedback about our property. We can add notes ensuring that you are placed on the Centre Street or 9th ave side of the hotel. We are aware that the alley can create noise, especially for lighter sleepers. We have been working with the City to try and come up with a more suitable schedule for our guests. If you could contact me directly, I can ensure that these notes are added to your profile, ensuring your next stay will be perfect. Also, if you personally find the bed a little too soft, we can place a bed board underneath the mattress, hopefully allowing you to score us 5 out of 5 with the next review :) Once again, thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you again.