Hotel Le Germain Calgary
$158
$132
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$227
$119
Delta Hotels
$88
$86
Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$93
Acclaim Hotel
$73
Lakeview Signature Inn - Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$86
$67
$84
Hampton.com
All reviewscharcut restaurantnespresso machinemolton brown toiletriesrain showerwalk in closetvalet parkingboutique hotelgreat hotelmodern designcontinental breakfastcorner roomironing boardheart of downtownshower headstephen avenuevalet servicecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We recently stayed for a night and found the service, and property overall, to be excellent. The bed was so comfortable I felt like I was lying on a cloud! The rooms are a great size and the bathrooms are huge - loved the rain shower. Continental breakfast was good - they can make espresso drinks, fruit and pastries were very fresh, and the oatmeal was great. Just a few minor things that I'd like to see addressed, particularly given this is on the expensive side of Calgary hotels. First, even with all the lights on, the room can feel a little dark; then we had a bit of the opposite problem when sleeping! The wood blinds keep out most of the light but in our room there was a break between the two blinds and it didn't appear there were any dark shades to block out all light - this would have been helpful. And some of the appliances in the room - Nespresso machine, etc. - glow or give off red light at night. Finally, I used the fitness facility in the morning and, though well-equipped, it's on the small side. The treadmills (I tried two) are quite noisy and creaky - I didn't feel comfortable running on them, and I use treadmills a lot. I'm hoping this was just a temporary issue, they appeared to be nice machines otherwise. One other idea: I was at a hotel in the US recently that provided disposable ear-bud headphones for anyone who may have forgotten theirs. I know this is entirely above and beyond - not something I would expect! But might be a nice touch to further "wow" guests. The view in the fitness centre is spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank relax7500
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Hello relax7500,
Thank you for the complimentary review. We really do appreciate the feedback. We really liked your suggestion about the head phones for the fitness centre. We actually purchased some already and will have them available for guest use by the end of the week. We have the fitness equipment serviced on a monthly basis. I have called the company to come back in and ensure everything is functioning properly. In terms of lighting, we are taking steps in the future to provide more light in the guest rooms. We will have additional floor lamps for all guest rooms. I have added my email address below, if it is possible for you to let me know what room you stayed in I would really appreciate that. We want to take a look at the blinds to see if an adjustment needs to be made. Once again, thank you very much for the review and valued feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Both great service on arrival and a modern light and airy bedroom, this hotel is excellent. Great value too. Staff were genuine and engaging and helpful. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The only thing I would suggest to improve would be that they should offer a great breakfast rather than just a good one. Boiled eggs were the only non fruit/pastry/oats/cereal option. But service at breakfast was good. Fresh orange juice would complement the rest of the hotels high standard.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Pepysp
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Hellp Pepysp,

Thank you for the great reivew. I wanted to thank you for the feedback about our daily breakfast. We are looking into your suggestions. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Le Germain is a chic boutique hotel located centrally right opposite the Calgary Tower and close to many restaurants and stores. As soon as you walk into the lobby, you know you're going to be staying in a nice room! Everything is slick but not over the top and it still feels quite cosy.

We had a deluxe corner room which was very spacious with a very comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom with Molton Brown products. It would perhaps have been nice to have a tub if I was being picky but all in all, we couldn't complain about the accommodation at all.

We had breakfast in the hotel and it was really nice too. It was a continental buffet which was beautifully presented with plenty of choice.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gunner7
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Hello Gunner7,

Thank you for the great review, it is very much appreciated. I just wanted to let you know that we do have room types with tubs. They are our Luxury rooms and are equipped with a gorgeous soaker tub and separate shower. Please feel free to contact myself for a future booking and I will ensure you are able to try this room type out as well. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

This promotion may not exist at the time you're reading this review, however when we stayed on New Year's Eve the room was $200, which is already quite reasonable for a downtown hotel during New Year's, but for this price we got free valet parking and were also given a $75 gift card to the CORE downtown shopping center a few blocks from the hotel. That's great value then as far as I'm concerned.

The hotel itself is great; it's tastefully decorated in modern decor, the staff were courteous and very helpful on the phone during the booking process as well as during check-in. The view from our room was great, we were on the sixth floor and had a north-facing room from which we could see downtown including the new tower (see pictures, sorry they were taken on a cellphone).

The room itself was large, open-plan, with a good sized television, a large workspace, free wifi internet, a well stocked mini bar and an excellent rain-shower. The best part though was the bed and bedding, which were the best that I've experienced in a hotel, or at home for that matter (we checked the labels to see where the pillows were made so we could buy some lol).

The only thing at all wrong was the coffee maker in the room which didn't work, but the hotel didn't charge us for the coffee we wasted trying to get it to work so that's hardly a complaint at all.

So all in all a wonderful stay and we would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: The best views are facing stephen avenue, which you can ask for when choosing a room, they were very accomodating about this.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RyguyC
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I just stayed at Le Germain following a day of shopping in the city and couldn't have made a better choice. The room was relaxing, comfortable and we were blown away by the bathtub (I recommend an upgrade to a Luxury Room!). Staff were fantastic and service exceptional. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple