“Reasonable place but need some more "HYGIENIC"”

Raj Palace Restaurant
Ranked #1,458 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ordered for my family, dosas for each, biryani, garlic naan ,plain naan & gravy. Food was good. While I was eating, My daughter was shouting,"mom! Hair in the biryani". I told her, "are you sure? May be some veg.'s part looks like". She said " I am sure". Then I wore my glass and see that it was "a tiny hair". After that we ate with some spoiling our mood.

1  Thank Uma P
There are newer reviews for Raj Palace Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was very good. Very authentic Indian food. They have an extreme spicy section where if you can finish the dish, your name and picture gets up on the wall.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The restaurant offers good Indian food. Along with family and friends, enjoyed a variety of South Indian delicacies offered by this restaurant.
Taste was authentic. But the service on that day was pathetically poor. We understood that the day being a holiday due to "Thanks giving", only skeleton services of people were available to them that day. It took ages to get your order delivered. But I understand from those friends who frequent this restaurant that it is ok,, generally on normal days.
The prices were really reasonable.
Strongly recommend for those who wish good Indian food in Calgary.

1  Thank Ganesh J
Reviewed June 25, 2012

authentic taste, very traditional flavor. naan bread was perfect, lots of options at the buffet bar.

3  Thank Jac M
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Wide variety buffet choice. One of the few places in Calgary for South Indian food.

5  Thank Calgarian_ab_ca_72