“Great hotel, friendly service and clean rooms”

Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Delta Bow Valley on the first stop of our honeymoon through Canada. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were immediately impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Everyone made us feel very welcomed and Helped us navigate a town we have never visited before. The cleanliness of the rooms was excellent with general wear and tear obvious in the bathroom, this however did not take much away from the excellent quality throughout the finish in the room. We took a swim in the pool and used the jaccuzzi, it was very well maintained and was nice and quiet. The one area I would avoid is the restaurant upstairs, 'Elements', neither the service nor the food were of a similar standard to the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
gmJTDeltaBOW, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Dear BiggySnax,

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Delta Bow Valley as the first stop on your Honeymoon! We were pleased to learn that you were warmly welcomed by our team and that the hospitality you experienced was excellent. We will certainly pass along your kind comments to our team! Having said that I do apologize that your experience in our Bistro was not in keeping with our usual high standards. I appreciate you sharing this information so that we can follow up.

In the meantime, from all of us here Congratulations on your marriage! If your future travels bring you back to Calgary we would love to welcome you back to the Delta Bow Valley.

GM JT

Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on October 28th after my flight was cancelled and the airline did not book me a hotel. I chose this one since it was the only hotel I knew of in Calgary that was nice. The room was slightly compact, but was no problem to me. My only slight complaint is that the internet is wired and the cord isn't long enough to stretch out on the bed. I realize it was intended for people travelling on business who need a desk. But I don't work from my hotel and like to stretch out my bed with my laptop. Granted, this is a complaint I find of many, many hotels as they prefer wired access, so people to crack the security code on their WiFi hotspots.

It is apparent that the hotel is aging. The room is nice, but it does need a coat of paint as the walls a faded a little and whatnot. I'm not complaining about that, but I had stayed in a three year old hotel for the previous two weeks and you could notice a little bit of the age.

The staff was super friendly and I was pleasantly surprised to find a gift shop in the hotel. In the previous mid-major Canadian city I was in, none of the hotels had a gift shop. So it was nice to be able to grab a local newspaper and a bottle of water here. Great staff at the gift shop as well, very, very friendly. Quite willing to let me rant about my horrible service from the airline. Sadly, I did not catch her name, but she was great.

All in all a great experience and a nice place to relax after my ordeal at the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear RPT319,

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments directed towards our staff and the gift of sleep. With respect to your comments regarding the Internet, we do currently have WiFi in our Lobby, Dining areas and meeting rooms. Further to that we are in the middle of installing wireless Internet throughout all of our guest rooms and anticipate this to be completed in early February 2011.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay during a stressful time when your flight was cancelled. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Bow Valley, hopefully under more favorable circumstances!

GM JT

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Helpful staff, lovely room, swift room service, and a fantastic view,. One tiny niggle, our toilet went wrong but called the front desk and they sent a plumber within the hour to fix it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celebgil
gmJTDeltaBOW, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Celebgil...

Thank you so much for your review of the Delta Bow Valley on your recent trip to Calgary. We were thrilled to read your kind comments regarding our staff and the service you received! I apologize for the experience that you encountered with the toilet; however, am very pleased to hear that it was taken care of in a timely manner for you.

I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Canada, and thank you for recommending us to your friends & family.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed October 9, 2010

nice hotel good location in downtown, rooms are awesome nice view, yeah wish they offer free internet at rooms,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank skgudur

Skgudur...
Thank you so much for your review of the Delta Bow Valley. Our team was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the views from our guest rooms.

Complimentary internet is offered in our Premier, Deluxe and Signature Club guest rooms as well as in our Business Centre in the lobby. Only in our Standard guest rooms is there a charge for the internet. Our Delta Privilege members also receive complimentary Internet and local calling, as well as many other benefits. The more you travel the greater the benefits! See our Website for more information on this program.

Once again, we thank you so much for your review of our hotel, and for recommending us to your friends. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Calgary!

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed here on recent tour. Hotel was nice. Room was clean and comfortable, although a bit crowded because walkway between end of bed and media cabinet was rather narrow, and cabinet had doors that interfered. Needed more light in bathroom. Ate in dining room (two breakfasts, one dinner). Food was quite good; service was excellent. Bus pickup when we left was harrowing. Nice three or four block walk north of the pedestrian mall in Calgary. Also near Bow River walk, which we enjoyed very much. No room for tour bus to pull into hotel so had to board in extremely busy street with cars whizzing by and honking.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PasCaLady
Reviewed September 27, 2010

stayed in the delta bow for a couple of days,i found all the staff very helpful and polite.they have free internet access ,a bar restaurant which does good food at a good price ,a good breakfast menu,very comfortable rooms .the hotel is sited in a buisness area of the city and we stayed there at the weekend so it was quiet but only about a ten minute walk to the local bars and retaurants .well worth considering if staying in calgary.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

bernie4787...

Thank you for your review of the Delta Bow Valley, our team was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your weekend in Calgary! While we are in the business district we are also only a few blocks form the Bow River, Princes Island which is a great green space in the city, and Stephen Avenue which is a local attraction for the restaurants and shops.

We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and hope that if you are traveling back to Calgary we may see you again!

Yours Truly,

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I just recently stayed at the Delta Bow Valley and had a great stay. It was a great location in downtown Calgary walking distance to shopping & restaurants and a great location to Stampede Grounds. I stayed on the Signature Level and it is worth the extra money for the added amenities. I will stay again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DarlinM

WRTMC...

Thank you for your review of the Delta Bow Valley. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the benefits of our Signature Club and the Lounge offerings, such as complimentary continental breakfast, evening appetizers and honor bar. Many of our Signature Club guests enjoy the lounge as it has a spectacular view of the riverbank and is a comfortable place to work, watch TV, or relax with friends.

We appreciate that you will recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Calgary!

Yours truly,