After a hard week at work, we booked a relaxing getaway at the DBV. The room itself was clean and it had a nice view, but it was a little outdated and it was quite noisy. Our major problem is with the parking. We checked in at 4 PM and paid our pet fee and parking fee. We were told that we had in and out privileges with the pass, however, upon return to the hotel after dinner, there was no parking to be found. My husband dropped me off to go back to the room and I did not see him until 2 hours later, still without a spot. He left the car in front of the lobby while we tried to sort it out, but they wouldn't do anything practical for us so we ended up packing up and leaving after midnight.
Here are the problems with their parking:
1) Charging a parking fee should guarantee a spot where the fee was charged.
2) There was no mention of overflow parking upon check-in nor on the parkade sign. The sign indicating the parkade was full still said that members and guests could park there. It was just by chance that on his 5th loop around someone was standing outside and told him about it.
3) He specifically asked if the ticket he paid for at check-in would work in the other parkade and was told, "Yeah, of course." Well, it didn't and he got stuck on the ramp and had to pay another fee.
4) Overflow parking is not at the hotel and he would have had to walk in downtown Calgary with two dogs after midnight and we did not feel that it was safe. We also didn't want to park on the street because we had our golf clubs in the back of our SUV.
5) Valet parking was basically non-existent and most cars ended up lined up in the tow away zones in the parkade.
It would have been nice to know about the parking situation and other pertinent information upon checking in. If we had been properly informed, we would never have left our original spot and it would have saved us several hours. What was supposed to be a romantic night, unfortunately turned into one big headache.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring an unbeatable location, the Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown is renowned for genuine hospitality and exceptional service. Additionally, our central location places us conveniently close to TELUS Convention Centre and the Calgary Zoo. Our hotel welcomes business and leisure travels and is well situated in central downtown. Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown is committed to offering you a remarkable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Calgary
- Calgary Delta