“I couldn't believe my luck”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Perth, Australia
“I couldn't believe my luck”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

When the floods in Alberta changed my travel plans, I used various websites to find a last-minute bargain room in Calgary for Canada Day. This looked like the best deal, and it proved to be an absolute gem - friendly staff, good location, a well-equipped room with a superb view of that night's fireworks, and a bed so comfortable I slept right through my alarm. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank N0MAD
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, we truly look forward to your next visit.

James Tingley, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
Carstairs, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Booked this hotel as I got a great price on it , well I should have known better. We usually stay at the Sheraton eau Claire but thought lets try somewhere else.

Where do I start.... Rooms were outdated, thin walls and on a weekend is never good.

The next morning we ordered the waffles with fruit and when we received the food the fruit was missing. We called room service and the attendant said that it doesn't come with the new menu only the old. I said well my menu says that it does. After a debate and 45 mins later they send the fruit up saying it was coming right away.

I filled out the emailed survey from them and I told them of my dissatisfaction and all I got was that we will do better. Not even a phone call from the manager!

Next time I will stick with the Sheraton as some times pay an extra $40.00 and get the excellent service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shantel L
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location, reasonable prices and very good rooms. We got a free upgrade to a king size room and were amazed at the size of the room. Very comfortable bed and a large sitting / tv area. Bathroom was very nice with a great shower. No bath included.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thank you Delta for a great visit. The hotel was a perfect place for my business trip. With their signature room option, it provided the comforts of home which is so important when I travel. The breakfast in the signature room was well presented and a great way to start my day.

The hotel was a welcome change from a previous hotel that I had to check out earlier than planned. The Delta accomodated my last minute change and I am so happy that I made the switch.The room was well decorated, clean and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sologirl108
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff will be delighted to hear that we could start your morning off right in our Signature Club Lounge. We look forward to your next visit.
Dunfermline
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel is a modern hotel just beside the centre of the city. The whole of the downtown area is within 30 minutes walk. The hotel has its own car park underneath.

The room was large (ours on 12th floor), clean, quiet and well maintained. Good quality beds.

There is a Starbucks in the hotel, a bistro and a restaurant. We only used the bistro one night. It was good, no complaints. The restaurant we only used for breakfast. They have a buffet but we found it best to select specif menu options.

Staff helpful and pleascent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheena59
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our service. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Onchan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Since arriving our stay has been most enjoyable. Rooms are large and very clean with lovely views over the City and river. Our evening meal was excellent and it was a nice touch for the chef to come out and introduce himself. Steak and the Halibut were perfectly cooked a real treat. Service levels as you would expect, very good

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SJH21
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, our location and your meals. We look forward to your next visit to Calgary.
Alberta
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend and were pleasantly surprised. Hotel is clean, with comfy beds and breakfast buffet was very good. The best part of our stay, was the price. Thank you Delta Bow Valley, for not gouging your customers as other properties do these days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy47
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our services. Hope to see you again soon.