“Good location, room and service quality”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Golden BC
“Good location, room and service quality”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here whilst exhibiting at a show at the BMO Centre. Not a 'wow' experience, but the hotel delivered just what we needed: comfortable rooms plus a good location just a few minutes drive from the show ground and within walking distance of restaurants, pubs and shops on Stephen's Avenue. They get points for free wifi in the rooms and Starbucks in the lobby for a grab n go breakfast. Secure underground parking at a reasonable rate is also a bonus (I've stayed in places that charge much more for outside unsecured parking).
The only small disappointment was the pool being closed for renovations, which we weren't advised about until check in, but that was a low priority for us anyway.
It would be nice to have an ice machine on every floor rather than alternate floors.
All in all nothing to complain about.

1 Thank JS28
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that we met your needs. We hope that during your next stay we can provide a 'wow' experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
James Tingley, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on March 16, 2013 from 1:30 to 4:30 am. Our flight with WestJet had been delayed and we missed our connection, so they offered us (a short) stay at this hotel. We took the offer and were really glad we did. The staff were friendly, the room very clean and comfy. I especially enjoyed the bed and the pillows. Would love to know how to get one for my own bed! While I wasn't there long, I enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank meggoodwin
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear your short stay was enjoyable. Our mattress and pilllows are "comfy". If you want information about where to buy them please email our Director of Rooms Quality, linda.mcbain@deltahotels.com. We look forward to your next stay.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent 4 days in the Delta Bow valley and loved every minute of it.
Superb beds and the rooms are clean and well kept.
The staff make the experience effortless and enjoyable.
The location make downtown business easy and there are plenty of restaurants in a 4 or 5 block radius.

1 Thank dunnekk
Thank you for you review. We love that you enjoyed our rooms and the staff made your stay effortless. We look forward to welcoming you back with the same hospitality.
Toronto
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Pros: location, price, upgrade to rather nice room with river view (probably worth much more in the summer), lots of smiling faces, late check out granted willingly.
Cons: property showing its age, bath towels that felt like sand paper, a very over-priced (but better than OK) breakfast.
Comment: I'd probably try a different hotel next time if I can get the same deal.

2 Thank World-Traveller-one
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several time given it's proximity to the plus 15 (walkways between buildings) and how close it is to my Calgary office. Each time I have stayed, the service was good. This most recent trip though, was perhaps some of the best service I have ever encountered in a hotel.
When I arrived I asked about an upgrade that was promised a year ago, Miles did not even blink and made it happen. I asked him about the location of one of my meeting venues. He did not know but the front desk clerk beside him picked up the phone, go the address and then mapped it out for me all by the time I had completed the check in. I wish I had caught her name, she was Australian?
My room was lovely, clean and tidy. The workspace was ideal for me and I was able to pull out my files.
Sadly, while I was downstairs having dinner in the bar i received a call informing me that a relative had passed away. The server (Lesa) asked me if I was ok, and what had happened. I simply said a family member had passed away. She offered condolences and I finished my meal and went back upstairs. When I arrived back in the room I found a small plate of dainties, and a card which said "deepest sympathies" and was signed by several of the hotel staff. I was completely blown away. I was deeply moved by the simple human compassion of this.
When I commented on it to the manager the following day, his response was that he understood it would be hard to be away when you lose someone and that the hotel wanted me to feel a bit more like home.
I can't tell you how impressed I am with this hotel. Each and every time I go to Calgary I will stay here again.
Great rooms, great service, great location and safe for women travelling alone.

1 Thank ladyaph
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I called the front desk to see about a late check-in as my daughter and I were still out of town shopping. I was told it was no problem and she thanked me for calling. "If we don't heard from our guests by 9pm, we start to worry." I thought that was sweet. We also met the concierge, Paul, who had to assist us in the parkade as there was an event going on a parking was at a premium. He then proceeded to carry our all our bags to the front desk for us. The beds were very comfy; their pillows are so wonderful. We ate dinner in the lounge and in the restaurant and everything was delicious. My daughter wasn't too impressed with the pool, but for a higher-end hotel, I thought it was fine.

Room Tip: This is a great hotel for a large group. We were a total of nine (volleyball players) and all our ro...