“Great location and excellent service”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Seattle, Washington
“Great location and excellent service”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The location for this Delta hotel is great. Walking distance from down town Calgary. The staff was very friendly and they upgraded our room to Executive suite. We had our own breakfast on the 7th floor /if I`m not mistaken the floor :)/. You can find free parking around the hotel. China town is 2-3 minutes away from the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Look for free parking in China town - few minutes away from the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jani_Vladi
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
James Tingley, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been planning my stay at the Delta for several months. I signed up for the Privilege program to be able to obtain features such as early check-in (as early as 9am) and late check-out (up to 6pm), as well as free room internet (apparently it is an extra charge otherwise). Upon entering the room, it was cleaner and more updated than I had anticipated based on other reviews and photos on this website. The staff were amazing and accommodating 24-7. I treated myself to room service, which did not disappoint. The lounge area was comfortable and sleek, and the bartending staff were very friendly and sociable. The pool area was smaller than expected, but unoccupied for the most part when I went down. Very clean and quiet, with nice views of the city. I was given a room on the 22nd floor, with north-facing views. All in all, a perfect stay... will definitely come here agin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience and tips with other travelers. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Aberdeen
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here while attending exhibitions at the TELUS centre and Stampede and it was a great location. Nice modern, spacious room with really comfortable big bed. The staff (especially the concierge) were really friendly and helpful. I didn't eat dinner here as we ate out every night but breakfast was very good. The bar was nice. Overall a great hotel for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and comfy bed. We love hearing about our staff, they will be delighted that they served you well. We look forward to your next stay.
James Tingley
calgary
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is my second review of the Delta Bow Valley and all I can tell you is the experience just gets better and better! I had booked a room Dec 14th as my old friends (we have all known each other between 20 - 40 years!) were planning on going to a Jazz bar downtown for our Christmas get together. I upgraded to a Signature Club room and explained that some people were going to be using the room just to get ready and a couple may stay the night. They had no concern and urged me to make sure everyone got a snack from the Signature Club Lounge. Instead of myself having to go down 24 floors to bring my guests up, the front desk took it upon themselves to personally bring my friends to my room! The next surprise was a knock at the door and a waiter was holding a tray with a bottle of red wine and chocolate dipped strawberries compliments of the hotel! We were having so much fun we never made it to the Jazz Club! We happily stayed in our room the entire evening! Needless to say, if it hadn't been for the truly magnificant service of all their staff, the experience would not have been the same. The next morning the front desk staff was aware of our reunion and were truly interested in how the evening went. THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF AT DELTA BOW VALLEY for another memorable stay, made more memorable by your gracious and attentive kindness.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank smilingcanuck
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of the Delta Bow Valley once again! I am so pleased to learn how our staff made your stay and that of your long-time friends had such a wonderful experience filled with positive memories. Your comments will be shared with our team; they will be so proud to hear they served you well once again and on behalf of my team we look forward to welcoming you back again and providing you another memorable stay.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Checking in was graceful, staff was nice.
The rooms were average. I was grossed out with the coffee pot being in the bathroom, food and bathroom don't mix.
Restaurant food was okay. I actually enjoyed the room service menu better. I was just looking for something simple like wings & fries which isn't offered in the restaurant. The wings & fries were excellent.
Was able to use the +15 which avoids the chilly outside walks.
The actually location is okay. I found it a little sketchy outside sometimes, lots of traffic noise with the fire hall being really close. I will remember the ear plugs next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LCC_april_canadian
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night and had a great experience. The staff is very helpful and friendly, rooms are clean and modern, and the hotel is in a great downtown location with a great view of the city. Connected to the +15 which has lots of areas to eat and do light shopping. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business