“Sometimes it's simple kindness”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Vancouver, Canada
“Sometimes it's simple kindness”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Delta Bow Valley met all my expectations, but surpassed all in its restaurant staff. I had arrived for a business trip with a bad cold and was feeling awful. While ordering at dinner (in the inhouse restaurant on the 2nd floor), I commented to my waiter that I wouldn't want wine because I had a bad cold and he quickly offered tea with honey and lemon, which made me feel much better. He then arranged to have a kettle and more honey and fresh lemon sent to my room so I had that to help me in the morning too. This helped me start my recovery before the morning when I had a day packed with meetings. Thank you Delta - your thoughtful staff are much appreciated....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Catherine W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Korean first
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because our connecting flight was cancelled due to weather and Westjet provided us with a room for the night. OMG we had the best sleep on the most comfortable mattress ever! I am in the process of tracking down the name brand so I can buy one for home. Besides that, the hotel is very clean, in excellent repair with excellent service. Rooms are quite spacious and comfortable and there is a hair dryer as well as a coffee maker provided. Thank you Westjet!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cathy430
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while on a conference held at the Telus Convention Centre. The hotel is very conveniently located about a 7minute walk to the conference center and a major shopping street.

The hotel decor was somewhat outdated, but they more than compensated with cleanliness and helpfulness. It was nice to be able to pick up a coffee from the Starbuck's shop located in the lobby of the hotel on my way out in the mornings. At the time of my visit, wireless internet was complimentary, which made my stay that much simpler (in a city where all streets are numbered and all outings needed to be looked into ahead of time).

Would absolutely consider it again, if I ever end up needing accommodations in Calgary on a repeat visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great hotel considering you are in the heart of Calgary, the room was clean and quiet with a kingsize bed, fast free wi fi in the room which was great for work, there is a starbucks in the main lobby as well as a nice lounge at reasonable prices. The fitness room was good and had two of each machines to work out on, for the week I was there they were in use so I changed the time I arrived. The staff was great, friendly and looked after your needs
With in walking distance of alot of things downtown and a great restruant just three blocks up the street. Goverment rate wa $199 Cnd a night which is not bad for downtown Calgary, there is additional fees for underground heated parking, all in all not bad
restruant on the 2nd floor runs you 26 dollars for the breakfast buffett or about 13 dollars for toast ceral and a coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank halfamileaway
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel and our team members. I know that others will find your review useful as you included great tips about our city and the close proximity of our hotel to the downtown core. I look forward to sharing your review with the team. They will be appreciative and be pleased they served you well on that occasion. Thank you for taking the time to post and we look forward to welcoming you back when travels bring you to Calgary.
High River, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night whilst heading out on the town in Calgary!
I have nothing but good to say about this hotel! Staff are great, and so friendly. Check in was so easy and we even got upgraded! Our room was amazing, it wax a huge corner room with great views if the river. The beds were absolutely wonderful! And everything was extremely clean!
This hotel is in an excellent location expecially if you want to be 'downtown'...we can't admit to return!
Thank you Delta Bow for such a great hotel stay!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jumike
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Front desk staff helpful and friendly, room is very nice. Quiet even though it's the downtown core. Food in the restaurant was great. Good location. Walking distance to everything downtown Calgary has to offer.
Nice restaurant nearby, "The Parkerhouse Grill" had an excellent meal there.
As a frequent traveller I am very pleased with the hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Nomadicon
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. Wonderful to hear that our staff provided great service during your stay. We look forward to your next Calgary visit.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Best sleep ever in a hotel. Bedding was above and beyond. Priced-right. centrally located downtown and easy access to entire city of Calgary. An absolute must return. Lobby area and most of hotel has been renovated. Parking access a bit tight due to construction, bbut Bell ready to assisst.

Room Tip: Be sure you are not on the TRAIN line, or near an elevator. they did accept our little dog . (for...