“Short but sweet!!”

Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
London, Canada
“Short but sweet!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel's location is perfect, right in the heart of downtown. The service provided was professional, friendly and efficient. The room's average size and it was on the 10th floor. Nice views of the city. I wish I could have stayed longer in Calgary but it was just a two day business trip with associates. This is the place for me next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a nice hotel, very clean, well appointed room. Pretty much like all Westin's.

The highlight was that on the Wednesday I stayed, there was the managers hosted happy hour for SPG members, which happened to be. Great wines, good food, except for the shrimp with shells still on them, really? Who does that? Hard to eat, standing up at the bar one-handed. Outside of that it was good.

Room Tip: Try and book early, as the price goes up.high, if you don't. Cheers!
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Westin during a recent trip to Calgary. When we checked in the clerk asked us if we wanted the green option where they would not make the beds or change the towels for which we would get a $5.00 voucher per day or extra Starwood points. As we were only staying for 3 days we opted for this but did not realize that it also involved no room cleaning services at all including vacuuming, fresh glasses and emptying the waste baskets. After 2 days our room we needed the litter taken away and the bathroom cleaned so we opted out. If they had given you a garbage bag or something to wipe out the basin we would have probably continued the option which needs some fine tuning. Apart from this small glitch it was a good stay in a good hotel. The room was large, the bed comfortable with a big bathroom and a large walk in shower. There was also a balcony and although the view was obscured by other buildings, you could see the street and the Bow river. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was excellent with good choices of both hot and cold items. The omelette station was especially good. There is a Keg restaurant attached to the hotel which is also very good. We will stay there again if we go to Calgary again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CFofLL
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Westin is my home away from home, look the Westin in Calgary, the staff are gracious, rooms are fantastic and modern and so comfortable. The bed - is heavenly and there is never a bad sleep when I am on the road and staying at the Westin.

• Stayed September 2013
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Brad F,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted to hear such positive comments about our associates and our signature Westin Heavenly Bed.

We look forward to your next visit!

Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment I entered the hotel we were treated like honored guests. There is some construction going on at the moment which made the driving a little tricky but I was able to drop the car off with the valet.I can't praise the staff enough.rooms were spacious and super clean. We ate at the Keg restaurant which was ok, nothing fancy but a great spot if you like steak. Pool was great too, you have to switch on the sauna ahead of time, it takes a while to warm up. A wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Gallusb,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have shared your compliments with our team!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Plusses:
- Very friendly and professional welcome (was also provided with complimentary room upgrade and breakfast - may have been because of SPG membership).
- Very comfortable bed.
- Good central location downtown, connected by bridge network with surrounding buildings.
- Good choice of breakfast (buffet or a-la-carte).
- Efficient check-in and check-out.
- Very helpful and friendly staff throughout the hotel.

Minusses:
- Room and bathroom feel a little bit dated (but are in good shape).
- Lack of nice view (was looking directly into an office building).
- Concierge ran out of umbrellas for loan by hotel guests.

Overall, was very happy with my stay at the Westin Calgary and would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

My experience would have been much better if the check in clerk was more courteous. Apparently the hotel offers $5 incentive if you choose not having your sheets changed everyday. I always think Green and reuse my towels and would have welcome that opportunity but I was never offered that. Room service is very pricy for average food. Hidden costs listed as fine print, such as 15% service charge and $4 delivery fee. A bowl of tomato soup would cost you $25. I had problems with WiFi and the not so helpful staff suggested I should use Bing instead of Google. After I managed to make her understand that her solution has nothing to do with connection she asked me to bring my phone to lobby for a bell hop to look at instead of offering to send someone to me. Other than that employee others were very pleasant and professional. I say not suitable for family because the pool is on the 20th floor of a different building. Unless you don't mind walking to another building thru the lobby with your kids in swimsuit I suggest to avoid it.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Knight66,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your experience could have been better. The Make A Green Choice option is one of our Green initiatives and should have been better communicated to you at Check-in.

We always look forward to families staying with us. Should you decide to stay with us again may I please request that you contact our Director of Front Office David Barbour at david.barbour@westin.com to update your profile to ensure you are in our Tower Building, closer to the pool. I am sorry that this was uncomfortable for your family.

We do hope to welcome you and your family again.