“Great beds, great food, great views!”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Whitecourt, Canada
“Great beds, great food, great views!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel was difficult but after that our stay was tremendous. The front entrance of the hotel is under construction and the little space along the street is taken by about 5 Taxis at any given time waiting for customers. There is absolutely no space to park briefly to run in and receive your parking directions from the hotel. We had no choice but to park and pay 3 blocks down only to be told we should have checked in first to have parking covered. Luckily things will be easier for most when this construction is finished this fall. I am worried about our access with my pick up truck as it is too tall for underground parking we may have to chose another hotel. On a positive note we arrived at 8 pm hungry and were so pleased with the in room menu and delicious food. The roof top pool has an amazing view of the city skyline and is open till 11pm. It is unfortunate that there is not a hot tub though. The beds and bedding are incredibly comfortable and you are able to purchase it all for your own home. This was our second stay at the Westin and I would love to return.

• Stayed August 2013
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear snowgirl55,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that your experience turned out to be tremendous and that you had a comfortable stay. We are currently working on enhancing our setting of the front entrance and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Be well

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As a father of five girls under 7 my wife and I rarely have the opportunity to take time away, so when we do get away we pray that we are not disappointed. We booked our room online through booking.com and saved about 15% compared to everything else we found. The reservation was simple. During booking I indicated it was our anniversary and had requested a king size bed and upon arrival found that we received a complimentary room upgrade, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, not to mention consistent exemplary service by all we encountered. We were a little surprised to find that the front of the hotel was under construction and noisy during the day but the hotels effort to minimize impact on guest was very obvious. The construction did not impact our stay at all. The room was very clean, comfortable and modern. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Calgary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Modern hotel in a great location. A nice base to see the attractions of the Rocky Mountains. My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights and had an enjoble stay. Freindly efficient staff took care of all our requests including organising airport transfers. We even managed to tour Banff and Lake Louise through Brewsters tours from this hotel. Even though the tour took 14 hours, it was well worth the effort as the scenery was magnificent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LAX
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a long drive to reach Calgary, a big warm welcome at the front desk by Mr. Max Cheuk-ho Au made me refreshed and feel like home. I always prefre to stay in Westin and Sheraton whenever possible on road. That's how I've always made my Platinum status with SPG in the last several consecutive years. This hotel is as great as the Westin standard. However, it is their people making it stand out. The chef Elaine Phan at the breakfast buffet made almost the best fried eggs I've ever had, closely following what my mum made for me. :-) I love this hotel and will recommend it because of their people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Westin, Calgary for 4 nights. It's a very comfortable place to stay and the staff really look after you. The room are roomy and the beds incredibly comfortable. They pride themselves on their luxurious mattresses and bed linen. The hotel has a lovely smell that carries through from the lobby to the shower gel. It's a certain fragrance that they buy in to and it pays off.
I'd recommend the hotel, it made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear JonathanLes,

We appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you had a comfortable stay and that our team took care of you. Each room is well-appointed with signature Westin Heavenly amenities including our Heavenly® Bed & Heavenly® Bath, so you will always feel renewed. The scent that carries throughout the hotel is our lovely White Tea Aloe.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Be Well

Langley, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and as always I am impressed. It was under reno's so the expected driveway was missing, but a always a great hotel. Breakfast is one of the best.

The room was spacious and as always the heavenly bed was just that. Kudos to westin for remaining green, coming up with healthy foods and always having a decent gym. Makes my travel life easier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marjk,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy that we made an impression on you from our Breakfast to our Make a Green Choice program. More importantly, knowing that we make a difference in your well-being while travelling is comforting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Be well

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

1. Incredible team. From check in, to after work cocktails, to check out, the Westin's team are personable, welcoming, and always ready to help. The little extras such as a bottle of water offered by the lobby staff when I came back from a run to the hotel wide commitment to conserving natural resources added to an already beautiful and comfortable hotel.
2. Elegant rooms. I stayed on the tower side and the room was spacious with lots of natural light. The shower and bathroom had modern fixtures and great smelling toiletries. The bed was very comfortable, it reminded me of home.
3. Location. Central location to the business hub of Calgary, 2 blocks from vibrant local restaurants, 5 minute walk to a huge indoor mall, and my favorite - 3 blocks from the river and park. If you enjoy a great walk or run outdoors, the Westin is an ideal location!
4. Amenities. I didn't use the fitness center or the pool because the weather was so nice, but I did go and see them out of curiosity. The pool is indoors and heated, I wish I would have brought a bathing suit. The fitness center is well maintained, sleek, and has quality equipment. Essence has great breakfast - the buffet has a lot of options (the chicken basil breakfast sausage was light and tasty!) the blueberry Greek yogurt pancakes from the menu looked great too!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allison R
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Allison R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel and city. We are very lucky to be situated in the downtown core with easy access to shopping, restaurants and businesses. It brings me great joy to hear that our team has made an impression on you. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, the amenities and our nutritious breakfast buffet with various superfood items in Essence. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Be Well