“A pleasant stay”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 28, 2013

While we live in Calgary, we have stayed at the Westin downtown several times for a night away. It is a pleasant environment. Upscale, but not pretentious with excellent service. For an older hotel, the rooms are quite well maintained. While some have balconies, I have never seen anyone actually use them. The mirrors in the washrooms with integrated TV is a novel indulgence. The showers are converted bath tub areas but have nice shower heads.

Room Tip: We always choose a suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buildguy
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear buildguy,

Welcome back! Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and appreciated the pleasant environment and excellent service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we hope to see you soon!

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed one night at the Westin. There's some construction/renos being down outside but no big deal. Arrived and found out my booking was made for the wrong night via an online booking site (name withheld). The staff was very helpful in helping me resolve this (the online website much less so). Staff was also able to get me an umbrella for the next day too. Room was modern, spacious and had two complimentary bottles of water. I also hot free internet and a newspaper in the morning. Location is very close to Bankers Hall and there's a Star Bucks and a Keg connected to the hotel, which is very convenient. Taxis are always waiting outside which is helpful if you're in a hurry to get to the airport. The nightly rate was also very reasonable and offered great value for what I paid in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gung_ho_in_TO

Dear Gung_ho_in_TO.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that our staff was able to help you resolve your online booking reservation and that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Westin Calgary is one of the two hotels I usually stay at when traveling for business. I find the staff here to be much more accommodating and friendly then at the Sheraton Eau Claire. The rooms at the Westin are always in good condition including being extremely clean. The only downside is that it can be a bit noisy, which is why I usually stay in the business tower and if it gets too noisy due to construction they kindly provide earplugs.

I have stayed at the Westin 15+ times and it has consistent quality.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Adairmoon
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just a few blocks south of 8th st. We ate at the Keg (attached to hotel) one night and it was fine...nothing great but convenient and not bad.
The Irish bar across the street (Ceilis) was worth a visit for a pint.
Location was close/walkable to Sunamerica bldg where I had business.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dbernstein
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was evacuated from my downtown condo after the floods on June 20 and, after two weeks of staying with friends, I really wanted to get out of their hair and have my own space for a bit. I called around to several downtown area hotels, inquiring into a potential discounted rate for flood evacuees and, after speaking to the Director of Front Desk Services David Barbour, the Westin was the only hotel willing to accommodate my request and discount the nightly rate, while waiving the daily parking fee. This was during the first weekend of Stampede and at the peak of tourist season, arguably their busiest time of year - they could easily have charged double the rate for the gorgeous room I was in.

On my first night there, David up a very nice card and a fabulous bottle of wine to welcome me to the Westin - much appreciated!

I stayed for 3 nights total and enjoyed every minute of it. The rooms are very clean, and the Westin staff are always very pleasant and accommodating. On a side note, I am an event planner and have always enjoyed holding my events at the Westin, again because of the efficiency and kindness of the staff, as well as the beauty of the venue.

I highly recommended staying at the Westin Calgary - my time spent there was definitely a bright spot during a turbulent couple of weeks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Isabelle M
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Isabelle M,

First, I am sorry to hear that you were evacuated from your condo due to the flooding. I hope everything is back to normal. I am very happy hear that you were able to stay with us and especially that David made you feel welcome and comfortable. We have already shared your experience with our teams and have given David your thanks and appreciation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your loyalty!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I arrived after a couple of day's drive and I was tired. The check-in was a little long do to computer issues. But the room was very clean and bed was extremely comfy. I have paid more for roadside Inns. I was there for three nights and on the second night I unexpectedly picked up my old cat. From the valet to the front desk straight to the maids back to the valet, they where extremely careful / proper with him and made this unexpected guest less painful then it could have been. As it is in the downtown area, it is amazingly easy to get out of that area if need be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jamesjegen
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear jamesjegen,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that your check-in experience took longer than usual due to the computer issues especially after driving a couple of days. I hope your were able to get a good nights rest.

As a Pet Friendly hotel, we are always excited to have our guests furry friends join them on their visits. I am happy to hear that our associates welcomed your cat and were extremely careful and proper with him.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you and your cat again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The floods had caused our original hotel to close, the Stampede was on and the hard working staff at the Rocky Mountaineer, who had to relocate many guests, managed to perform magic and get us into a downtown hotel. (Thanks Amber and Amanda). The Westin staff were in the Stampede mode, with hats, boots and buckles, and the atmosphere for a town recovering from pretty devastating floods, was amazing. Every member of staff was friendly and positive. The room was clean, had 2 double beds. The restaurant and bar served great food, service was always great.
Staying downtown meant we had easy access to the C Train, the hotel wasn't too far from the stampede grounds, we walked back after the Rodeo one day. Restaurants close by. Found as much shopping as we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BethDid

Dear BethDid,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to hear that your original plans were changed due to the flooding but were very happy to accommodate you during Stampede. I am delighted to hear that our staff were friendly and positive and that you got to get a taste of Stampede while you were here!

We hope you will come visit us again!