“Good location - enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Atlanta
“Good location - enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just a few blocks south of 8th st. We ate at the Keg (attached to hotel) one night and it was fine...nothing great but convenient and not bad.
The Irish bar across the street (Ceilis) was worth a visit for a pint.
Location was close/walkable to Sunamerica bldg where I had business.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank dbernstein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was evacuated from my downtown condo after the floods on June 20 and, after two weeks of staying with friends, I really wanted to get out of their hair and have my own space for a bit. I called around to several downtown area hotels, inquiring into a potential discounted rate for flood evacuees and, after speaking to the Director of Front Desk Services David Barbour, the Westin was the only hotel willing to accommodate my request and discount the nightly rate, while waiving the daily parking fee. This was during the first weekend of Stampede and at the peak of tourist season, arguably their busiest time of year - they could easily have charged double the rate for the gorgeous room I was in.

On my first night there, David up a very nice card and a fabulous bottle of wine to welcome me to the Westin - much appreciated!

I stayed for 3 nights total and enjoyed every minute of it. The rooms are very clean, and the Westin staff are always very pleasant and accommodating. On a side note, I am an event planner and have always enjoyed holding my events at the Westin, again because of the efficiency and kindness of the staff, as well as the beauty of the venue.

I highly recommended staying at the Westin Calgary - my time spent there was definitely a bright spot during a turbulent couple of weeks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Isabelle M
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Isabelle M,

First, I am sorry to hear that you were evacuated from your condo due to the flooding. I hope everything is back to normal. I am very happy hear that you were able to stay with us and especially that David made you feel welcome and comfortable. We have already shared your experience with our teams and have given David your thanks and appreciation.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your loyalty!

Moose Factory, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I arrived after a couple of day's drive and I was tired. The check-in was a little long do to computer issues. But the room was very clean and bed was extremely comfy. I have paid more for roadside Inns. I was there for three nights and on the second night I unexpectedly picked up my old cat. From the valet to the front desk straight to the maids back to the valet, they where extremely careful / proper with him and made this unexpected guest less painful then it could have been. As it is in the downtown area, it is amazingly easy to get out of that area if need be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jamesjegen
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear jamesjegen,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that your check-in experience took longer than usual due to the computer issues especially after driving a couple of days. I hope your were able to get a good nights rest.

As a Pet Friendly hotel, we are always excited to have our guests furry friends join them on their visits. I am happy to hear that our associates welcomed your cat and were extremely careful and proper with him.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you and your cat again soon!

Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The floods had caused our original hotel to close, the Stampede was on and the hard working staff at the Rocky Mountaineer, who had to relocate many guests, managed to perform magic and get us into a downtown hotel. (Thanks Amber and Amanda). The Westin staff were in the Stampede mode, with hats, boots and buckles, and the atmosphere for a town recovering from pretty devastating floods, was amazing. Every member of staff was friendly and positive. The room was clean, had 2 double beds. The restaurant and bar served great food, service was always great.
Staying downtown meant we had easy access to the C Train, the hotel wasn't too far from the stampede grounds, we walked back after the Rodeo one day. Restaurants close by. Found as much shopping as we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethDid
Dear BethDid,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to hear that your original plans were changed due to the flooding but were very happy to accommodate you during Stampede. I am delighted to hear that our staff were friendly and positive and that you got to get a taste of Stampede while you were here!

We hope you will come visit us again!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

i enjoyed my stay here. The room was very nice. Very quiet and comfortable. The staff here are very helpful. Very close to everything downtown. The wi-fi was fast. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. I slept very well. I highly recommend this Westin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
esmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Love, love, love.
My stay could not have been better!!!
Room service, delicious.
Valets were very accomodating and professional. Great security!
Front desk were awesome, even with the gin breakfast noise and what seemed like hundreds of people walking through the lobby.
I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travelalberta79
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything about the Westin was really good. Speedy check-in. Friendly staff. Nice room.
The restaurant for breakfast was well supplied but the smell of bacon was way to strong for my taste. I felt like I had to change my clothes aftee breakfast.
The room was comfortable. Not much of a view since it was on the 3rd floor overlooking the back. The bed was great. However sleeping was hard because the heating made a terrible noise every time it went on which was often since it was -10 outside.
The location is hard to beat and you'd be hard pressef to find friendlier and more cooperative staff.
I love the eco-friendly program where you can choose to have your room cleaned every two days in exchange for SPG points!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank gracemarini
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear gracemarini,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize for the noise and will make sure to remind our housekeeping team to notify the engineering department if they hear any noise from the heating system. I am happy to hear that everything else was really good from the check-in to your room and that you loved our Make A Green Choice program!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!