The Westin Calgary
$154
$109
$85
1,520 results
All reviewskeg restaurantheavenly bedessence restaurantspg memberstarbucks coffeeprince's island parkjunior suiteself parkeau claire markettop floorvalet parkingbow riverbusiness tripdowntown areabreakfast buffetan upgradeenjoyed my stay
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here twice actually- for a few days on business, after which we checked out to stay in Banff, and then back here for a night before flying back to Asia the next day.

This is a purely functional, very no-frills hotel and would make sufficient accomodation for someone simply looking for a place to have a good night's rest in downtown Calgary. There is very little luxurious about this hotel- a bare lobby, even barer hallways, simple rooms (read: bed, desk, chair...little else). Wifi is not free, but the service is good enough that front door staff remember your name upon the second return and hail taxis / manage bags with great efficiency.

A useful Starbucks sits in the lobby, adding to the "be brisk and just get yourself to work" feel of the place. Concierge is great- helping us get tickets to the Flames game in Saddledome and also helping us book the shuttle to Banff.

Other useful points:
It is conveniently connected to the +15 for easy access to other business buildings and shopping malls (the Core).

It is also walking distance to Eau Claire market like its sister hotel Sheraton Suites Eau Claire...and hence to cheap take-out and the park and to Joey's (a great restaurant).

The business tower we stayed in had bathtubs (we were under the impression that there were only showers in this hotel from reviews we read on Trip Advisor) but there is noisy construction clearly audible from these rooms.

Room Tip: Not sure what the quality of the rooms are in the other tower, but ours had construction next to it. Ask before you book!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Globaltattler
Ashley D, Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for choosing The Westin Calgary on your most recent visit. Westin Hotels are designed to provide our guests with a relaxing and revitalizing stay while still offering the modern conveniences of a high class hotel. We appreciate your remarks regarding the clean and functional rooms, dining options within the hotel and our convenient location to all that Calgary has to offer. Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will consider The Westin Calgary again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

the location is right downtown and is connected to the +15 path system that allows you to move in comfort through the downtown core while avoiding the weather and stop lights...the staff is friendly and attentive without being intrusive and the hotel has a very interesting "green choice" program. unfortunately I think the green program has also inmpacted on the overall cleanliness of the rooms since the surface areas were dusted but the furnishings(table, lamp, tv remote) were covered in dust which was a let down. The bed is comfortable but the pillows are impractical and more style than utilitarian. The one thing that would make the experience better is a humidifier added to the ventilation system to combat the dry air. The rooms are small and the amenities in the room scarce though most needs are available if a call is made

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room door was too difficult to open. And even the bathroom door was too difficult to open. I can't understand why they gave us the room and they don't repair the doors. And we asked about good restaurants of a concierge staff but the restaurant was the worst during our trip. Tripadvisor reviews of restaurants were much helpful.

But the bed of the hotel was really comfortable. And the location was very good in downtown nearby Tim Horton and supermarket. They told us they upgraded our room because of SPG membership card(free). The room was large enough and its TV screen was large. They provided 3 starbucks coffee capsules everyday althogh we were two persons.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I returned again after only a few months and once again I have nothing negative to say.

The new gym kit you can rent is a novel idea which I have not noticed before and certainly helps in reducing the need to fill my suitcase with my kit.

I had room service on this occasion (bacon burger) and it was delicious and delivered in a timely manner.

All in all another great stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm checking out today and had hoped to sleep in this morning after a long week. Unfortunately construction seams to continue at the bottom of the open pit I can see from my window. To their credit, I did have ear plugs readily available on my nightstand, but I really wish someone would have mentioned they were putting me on the side with the construction at the time of check in. I had originally been put in another king room on the 12th floor with a tiny bathroom. I literally could only fit in the shower if I stood at an angle. When I inquired if all the king rooms were this small, I was originally told at the desk that was the case. Another gentlemen over heard our conversation and when I returned to my room, he told me he'd be coming up with keys to a larger room. I was very impressed with his efforts. While the second room is much nicer, I could only wish it was on the side away from the construction. With all that said, you really can't beat the Westin's location. The breakfast buffet is good, but a bit pricey. I also enjoy the convenience of the Keg for dinner. My only other wish is for a larger workout space. While I would stay here again, I will probably look at another option while the construction is underway.

Room Tip: For the near term, request a floor facing either West or South based on which tower you end up.