“A lot to learn from a small package”
Review of Glenbow Museum

Glenbow Museum
Ranked #13 of 298 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Glenbow, history buffs, art lovers and pop culture fanatics can all find something inspiring. Explore fascinating historical galleries and exhibitions of art and culture from around the world. We are conveniently located in downtown Calgary on Stephen Avenue Mall, just steps from the Calgary Tower and one block away from the C-Train LRT line.
Paris, France
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“A lot to learn from a small package”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I thought I would only get 30 mins or so at the museum before it closed but surprisingly it was opened til 9p (open til 9p on Thurs).

I am not an Alberta native, but was looking for something interesting and eventful to do, and I`m glad I went!

They had an exhibit on warrior experiences; everything from armour, letters sent back home, weapons and uniforms. And this wasnt just Western civilizations, it was also Japanese, Chinese, First Nations and African.

They also had a (rather boring) wing on minerals. But it was cool because I saw a meteorite. Attached are also some cool pics of what happens when minerals get into trees and fossils.

Thankfully, the museum had lots of pieces from art to letters to clothes and tipi`s of the first nation.

The museum also had an exhibit of West African culture. It was excellent. They had drums, stools, figures, videos, proverbs etc.

The small museum has some interactive displays. I spent about 3.5 hrs in there!! Overall I learned a lot and experienced various cultures.

2 Thank ThanksForReplying

• Korean first
Reading, England
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“My favourite Calgary attraction”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

This is a wonderful museum. If you only have a day to see Calgary then I would recommend the Glenbow Museum along with the Calgary tower and zoo as the places to go. The museum is huge and it would be hard to list everything, but my favourite exhibits were on the history of Alberta, First Nations culture and history and geology.

2 Thank gauly
A TripAdvisor Member
“the bogs”
Reviewed January 19, 2004

Interesting exhibit of the Bog mummies.