“Had its moments”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillurst
“Had its moments”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have eaten at Sushi Club many times over the years & have always thought that the sushi was pretty good but I have to say that last night's dinner with my family was not outstanding. The service was a bit slow & to add to the slow start our server knocked over a full glass of saki which landed in my daughter's lap without much effort to make amends. We tried to over come all of that by ordering some of the fancy deluxe rolls but that didn't help. We left feeling underwhelmed.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank GordonM1957

Calgary, Canada
“Our favourite Sushi in Calgary”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We eat at Sushi Club most weeks. The fish is fresh and well presented, the staff attentive and the chefs/owners always welcoming. There is nothing fancy about how the place looks, but if you want the best quality food this is the place.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CalABtravel
“Best sushi in town”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff is super friendly, upon arrival the staff greets you in japanese( I think with a "welcome" ) I'm assuming as I don't speak Japanese, but they tell you what is the freshest sushi they have. We have been here a few times and have not had a bad item on the menu, everything we have had has been amazing. Located in Kensington which is also a nice plus as it is a nice quiet area of Calgary, will definitely continue going here as its our favorite sushi in Calgary.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Travelling_norm
“Great sushi in Calgary”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Always fresh, super creative, delicious and a great selection of Sake. Service is excellent, and the servers will tell you what is the freshest item of the day. Try the house specials.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Food-Ski-Wine
Calgary, Canada
“The best sushi in Calgary”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We try to get here once a week. We look at one another some night when neither one of us feels like cooking and go here for Sushi.

Beware - the place is small, and very busy. Due to its popularity, you often can't just walk in and expect to get a table.

We have had most of what's on the menu and everything is terrific. I have heard that the miso soup is great but I haven't had that yet.

They are innovative, creative and the mixture of flavours and textures in your mouth is exquisite.

I'd recommend it highly.