“Food is Lovely, service is ... well... perfunctory at best”
Review of Gratitude Cafe - CLOSED

Gratitude Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sunnyside
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have taken two trips to this little gem of a spot for food for our souls. Lovely! The gluten free pizza is really tasty, and the salads are covered with incredible dressings making them delicious!!
The service was frankly bewildering...when we were placing our order on our first vist the aserver seemed to be impatiant with our questions about the menu, and walked away even though we were obviously looking to discuss thier menu in more detil.
The second time we went they had 3 staff and only 3 tables with customers, yet we experienced the same sort of impatience.. It was like something out of Faulty Towers :)
the funny thing was when we expressed our satisfaction with the food they were all happy and smiles so they obviously take great pride and satisfaction in making good food.
So...if you are looking for good food you will be happy.... look for cheerfulness and patience elsewhwere.
SW Ottawa

1  Thank Wildesmith

Reviewed April 15, 2013

BAD food.
BAD BAD environment
BAD BAD BAD attitude from the staff.

How on earth the place is still open is a miracle. I hate to say it but this is one business that deserves to go under before any other poor unsuspecting souls waste their hard earned money here. Shameful

7  Thank anderses
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Being a vegan, only in the city for business a handful of times a year, this place is one of the few places I can actually go to and trust that I can get a vegan meal, no questions asked (except for if I want it gluten free, too!) I have received my fair share of attitude from the owner, who has a definite "my way or the highway" kind of approach, but there are some serious gems on the menu (their london fogs, the french toast, and raw enchiladas keep me coming back time and time again). Some items do lean on the expensive side of the spectrum, but really, how much can you expect from a grilled cheese?! Think about what you're ordering and what you get value from.

If you have an open mind, and can let some water roll off your back, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience. The space is charming, with an ongoing "garage sale" up front, little games to play, and a general openness despite the small space.

1  Thank meganonatrailer
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I agree with all the latest reviews, and to be honest can't see a lot of "Gratitude". Don't like writing bad reviews, and have only eaten here twice, but each time, the owner was barking across either at staff or behind the backs of previous customers. Agree with "Live_Life_Big" as it is a shame, Calgary does need more good vegie restaurants and the food isn't bad here, but the "Gratitude" Cafe is an "ungracious" experience.

4  Thank canadianaussie707
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Wow - I won't be back here again. Food might be OK, but I don't need to be subjected to the kind of attitude from the people who seem to run this place.

3  Thank readytoretirecalgary