“Excellent Blackened Chicken Burger”
Review of Holy Grill

Holy Grill
Ranked #37 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I walked over to the Holy Grill after the 2014 Calgary Stampede Parade. It was a very busy place but the smell was incredible so we decided to wait. You have to order at the counter as there is no table service. No big deal, we quickly grabbed a table on the patio and went back to the counter to order. They gave us a buzzer so we didn't have to wait at the counter like everyone else which was very cool.

We order the Blackened Chicken Burger with the Beet Chips and Sea Salt Fries and 2 of the in-house dipping sauces. Now the chicken was exceptionally tasty and cooked perfectly. The BBQ sauce was amazing but not enough of it on the burger in my opinion. But the bad part was that the bun was dry so that kind of took the 'fabulous' out of the burger. A fresher bun and maybe toasted a little longer with some butter would have went a long way. The Beet Chips were very tasty especially with the in-house dipping sauce (which was really good). The Sea Salt Fries were pretty good as well but too many little pieces.

I saw a few people with Panini's that looked really tasty. Will definitely come back to try those.

Overall is was pretty good and I would recommend it to my family and friends.

1  Thank David N

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had Mr. Chicken panini and beet chips here and I swear the food was just delicious. And so reasonably priced too! It gets pretty busy during lunch so make sure you get there a little before noon in order to secure a table. They have some outdoor seating again for which you to beat the lunch hour rush. All in all, good food and seems like the chef puts a lot of heart into cooking the food which is why it is so delicious. Definitely recommend this place for lunch if you are into burgers and paninis!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Been to the Holy Grill for breakfast on a number of occasions. I usually get the eggs bennidict. I love their hollandaise sauce and the extra blast of flavor from the cappicola ham. Their hashbrowns are extra crispy. Very hip yet homey atmosphere and their staff is top notch. on of the best places for breakfast in Calgary.

2  Thank BrWayne
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Love this little place (and the name)!! Good parking, limited seats but has an outside patio. We stopped in this little cafe by chance for the first time last year and fell in love. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating and the food is delicious and fresh. Lunch is very busy and it's a tiny place but the service is fast and the food is so good, it's worth it. A favorite of ours is the Mr Chicken Panini and love, love the beet and sweet potato chips with dip! Haven't been for breakfast, but you just know anything there is good. You should go! :)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We make a trip up to Calgary once a month. One of the places we absoutely MUST go to is The Holy Grill. They serve breakfast and lunch, and the menu is simple and delicious. My husband's fav is the Mr. Chicken Panini! The service is awesome, you will not be disappointed.Don't forget to try their smashed browns, kinda like fried potatoes.