“Good food and nice staff”
Review of Holy Grill

Holy Grill
Ranked #38 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boys and I stopped in here as we saw it on the Food Network Show "You Gotta Eat Here". It was as show. The food was good. My boys enjoyed the meal and it was a very relaxed and casual atmosphere. I wished they had something a little more healthy alternative to the deep fried home fries. Other than that, I recommend. Oh yea, coffee was quite good.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were really looking forward to going to the Holy Grill. Basically we landed in Calgary, got a taxi to the hotel, dumped our suitcases and walked straight round the corner to the Holy Grill.

It did not disappoint in any way. The guys behind the counter are friendly and like a bit of chat with the customers. It was great that in the time we were there loads of people came in that the staff knew by name, made it have a really nice atmosphere.

We both decided to order the ranch burger (Two patties, bacon, cheddar & BBQ sauce on top of the usual whole wheat kaiser with lettuce, Roma tomato, red onion & mustard.) and shared some sea salt fries and homemade dip.

Quite simply was the best burger I've ever had. And the burger costs $7.75! It doesn't get any better than that!

1  Thank Sam B
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Having read many great reviews, we thought we would try it out for lunch. We had the bacon avocado sandwich with beet chips and the super burger with fries. Service was friendly and quick. The sandwich was good but quite heavy. We tried the beet chips because other reviewers said they were a must try. I am glad we tried them but would not order them again. Super burger was ok but fries were amazing. Would we go back? Maybe to try something off their breakfast menu like eggs benedict but I don't think we would do lunch again. Maybe our expectations were too high based on the reviews.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Heard so many great things about Holy Grill. Were they ever right! My son and I had a burger and my wife had a panini. Fun place with excellent food, prices are good as well. We had the yam chips and the Beet chip, you have to try the Beets. Who would have thought Beets would taste that good. So light and crispy. Service was fast but crowded. Thats what happens when the food is that good. Wouldnt hesitate to recomend Holy Grill cant wait to go back. You have to try this place!

1  Thank CalgaryOilguy
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Oh Holy Grill, how is it that even after four years of frequenting you for lunches, you still get it right. EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME! You've got panini world down to a mad science. Your line moves quickly. Your booming voices ensure no one misses their order once its ready.

You were the very first business I ever reviewed on Yelp, and so I figured it was time for an update.

I just had to stop in again today for a bite to eat. It's typical of me to be in here with friends, I gotta share the love. And on such occasions, we usually split an order of yam chips as well. But today, I was on the go. And so a country side panini was all I could handle. Capricciosa ham and provolone cheese. It's a simply sammy, but perfect for something to keep me going the rest of the afternoon.

What I STILL haven't been in for is breakfast. But don't worry, I'll make sure I change that very soon!

1  Thank Robet P