“Delicious lunch spot”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've come here many times during lunch. Always very busy, but you are always able to find a table. During the summer, its nice to eat outside in the back where they have a few tables.

All the panins I've tried are very delicious (my favorite is the pacific) as well as the burgers.

My only complaint is their fries and sweet potato fries. I really dont like them. They get extremely soggy a few minutes after getting served.

2  Thank TripMember082317

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were staying in downtown Calgary and wanted to save money on meals out. The three of us each had a burger, and one had fries. We all loved our burgers. Unfortunately, we arrived just after Saturday 10am opening, and there was no seating. We were going to sit at a picnic table outside, but it got very cold. We took our burgers, coffee and fries back to the hotel. I would have loved to have eaten there because of atmosphere/vibe. I had a ranch burger with avocado. My mom had an original with raw onion. My husband had the super burger with fries. Definitely great burgers. They also had breakfasts and paninis. They close at 4pm and are closed on Sunday.

1  Thank tlhjar
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have had lunch in this restaurant many times over the years. I believe that the name has changed, but fortunately, the quality of the food has remained unchanged. On our recent visit, we shared a Pacific panini, which was rich, had excellent flavour and was enough for both of us. I've had this panini before, and every time it has been great! We shared an order of sweet potato fries that were wonderful. We've never been disappointed when we've been able to get in this restaurant for lunch. Getting a table has been the most difficult part. It is excellent value in a great location.

1  Thank Curlew1978
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had breakfast here mid morning on a weekday. It wasn't too busy- several available tables and free parking spaces too. The eggs Benny were really good and the hashbrowns amazing. Best hasbrowns I have ever had in a restaurant. Coffee is self serve and bottomless- it's also good. The staff were very nice and seemed to actually like their jobs. I've been told their panini are also really good.

1  Thank coffee522
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have been to HolyGrill for lunch about 4 times, their eggs benny is delicious! I tried the italian panini my last visit and it was filled with yummy meats and cheese. You gotta try their smash browns. Seating is self serve, they are pretty busy on the weekends but seats open up fairly quickly.