“It was OK, nothing special”

Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary
Ranked #61 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“It was OK, nothing special”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while we were waiting for our house to close. We got a room with two queen sized beds, total price taxes included were $312.12. When we first got into the room it kind of smelt like an old man, but a staff memeber who was cleaning rooms quickly sprayed it with air freshner.

It was alright, nothing amazing. We used the pool, I think its important to note that it is LESS THAN 2 METERS DEEP, so it would be great for kids, for adults, not so much.

We had to actually stay for a 3rd night, but were told the hotel was oversold, which I thought was weird for a Wed, but it seems like work crews stay here as during breakfast (which was OK, but not amazing) the dining room was packed and then large groups of people would leave on a bus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear TMH T,
Thank You for leaving a review for the Service Plus Inns and Suites. We take all customer reviews very seriously. In your review you have mentioned that the hotel was alright but not amazing as well as the breakfast also to be OK but not amazing. However, you did not mention what you would consider to amazing. While our hot buffet breakfast includes items such as: Bacon, sausage, hash-browns, scrambles eggs, pancakes, muffins, cereals, oatmeal, fruits as well as gluten free products, we are always welcome to hearing from our guests that think we could make it better. We welcome new ideas especially from our valued guests as we strive to ensure they're are comfortable and all their needs are met during their stay with us here. I am sorry to hear that we may have not met your expectations but I encourage you to further explain what would make the hotel amazing as opposed to just alright.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel was very good. The room was very clean, front desk staff were courteous and attentive. There are lots of little extras here, but also some glaring ommissions. The room I was in (111) did not have a fridge. There is also no onsite food services. The pool are was nice, as was the business center. I would have no problems staying here again, however I found the beds a little to far on the firm side for my liking. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jayball99,
Thank You for your review. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable. I am concerned however about your comment about your room not having a fridge. All of our rooms are equipped with a refrigerator, I looked into seeing if the one in the room you had mentioned was removed at any point but it does not appear to have been. I wonder if perhaps you just didn't see it. I hope that this will not keep you from coming back to stay with us again in the future. Unfortunately we do not have a full service restaurant on site but offer the breakfast to all our guests which I am happy to hear you enjoyed.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently had an early morning appointment at the Calgary South Campus hospital on the day a wicked blizzard hit town. In order to be closer to the hospital I checked on Google Maps for a nearby hotel and happily came across the Service Plus Inns & Suites. Check-in was fast and efficient and we had a comfortable and clean room with a king-sized bed . It was a quiet location (at least until 5 a.m. when it seemed a lot of people were up and about opening and closing doors). Unfortunately, I was unable to have the free, hot breakfast offered but they appeared to have a good choice of food and there were a lot of people taking advantage of this service. This hotel is certainly one to consider if you are in this part of Calgary

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aldergreen,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Service Plus Inns, we appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps on your next visit you will be able to enjoy our hot buffet breakfast. It is definitely something that you want to take advantage of while staying at the hotel.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel and it was a very good experience. The staff were very friendly, helpful. The hotel had very clean rooms, sufficient parking, a decent fitness room and pool. As it was my first time staying at the hotel, I was given a complimentary coupon for a free room upgrade during my next visit ** kudos for doing that **. It is easily accessible to the Highway and it is definite my hotel option whenever I need to be in the Calgary South area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Ikee_21,
I am happy to hear that the Service Plus Inns will now be your preferred place to stay when visiting the city. We appreciate our guests and throughout the year have special packages and discounts or as you received coupons. I hope that you will come and stay with us soon and utilize your upgrade into one of our luxury suites.
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had recently stayed in what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel and recieved the worst of service for a very high price - should be a no star! At the Service Pluss Inn & Suites in Calgary, I stayed in the business suite for substantially lower cost and received the true 4 star treatment!

The customer service was very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. We had our two dogs stay with us and they even provided us "Doggie Gift Bags" to show their appreciation for our choosing their hotel. The rooms were very clean, with all the amenities I need for business travel provided to us. The buffet style breakfast had healthy choices and a variety of items to choose from.

I have to say that this location could teach a thing or two about quality of customer service to some of the 4 star hotels out there that are getting run down physically and as well in their "lack" of making their guests feel at home!

Great Job Service Plus Inns & Suites!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dawn F,
Your review is one that makes us feel proud. Thank-You for your words and acknowledgement on the service you received while staying here with us. We may not be a full four star hotel but our service is never lacking in providing exceptional customer service to our guests and I am glad to hear that you found the service and accommodation exceeded your expectations. We like to ensure guests feel like the Service Plus Inns is their home away from home.
I hope that you will find yourself back again in the future and enjoy the great amenities and service that you recently received.
Lethbridge
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and hotel. Kids loved the pool, I loved the breakfast: nice to get real plates and cutlery and not the plastic stuff. The hotel is not in the city center, but that makes it easy to reach and the center is still only a 10min drive.
With a special thanks to the staff members who helped us to fix our car, that's what I call service!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karin V,

Thank-You for leaving such a wonderful review and taking the time to thank the staff that were here to help you out during your stay. I am happy to hear they went above and beyond to ensure you were on your way safely.
I hope that you and your family will come and stay with us again soon.
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed for four nights in The end of October the room was large quiet,the bed was comfortable and the washroom was up to date the staff are friendly and helpful I had asked to have a cab booked for my return to the airport for 6:20 am the cab came right on time ($60) overall I found it a great place to stay and would book this inn when I return.

Room Tip: The room was big the washroom was up to date and it was quiet over all it was a nice place to stay...