“We love cheese and wine!!”
Review of Farm - CLOSED

Farm
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We love the cheese sampler and get that as an appetizer. They perfectly pair your cheese choices with an accessory like organic honey or almonds. Sitting at the counter provides an excellent view of how the food is prepared. The desserts are also amazing. We had chocolate chip cookies, and timed it perfectly with seeing them go into the oven so we would get them minutes after they came out!

2  Thank BabyOnTheMove

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Well, before I want to talk about a few things I did not like about Farm, let me make it clear that the food quality is amazing. Everybody in our group admitted that they'd had a wonderful dish.
That being said, I think the service was not that good, to be honest, I can rank it as poor. There was not bread and butter for appetizer. Besides, the menu had only a few main course items and they were already out of a couple, so we had to choose from a very small menu basically.
So, have a look into their menu and check if they have your favorite food before making a reservation.
In general. it was a good experience, it might not become my regular place to eat, but it certainly was worth a try.

3  Thank mosari
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Heard about the Farm and decided it was a must to go. Glad I made a reservation because the place was jumpin'. I sat at the bar next to the chef area so it was fabulous to see the prep and teamwork going on. Great wine list, fresh sheet with Alberta based ingredients. I had a bacon salad - with greens, local cheese and 3 kinds of bacon. Fabulous. Lots of fun, energy and great place to enjoy the company of what seems like the whole restaurant.

2  Thank NamasteEloise
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The atmosphere here is great, very homey and close, out waitress was honestly the best waitress I have ever had. She was funny, genuine and super helpful, I couldn't decide what to have but she picked the thing I would enjoy the most and certainly did. The wine and bubble list was so great, I didn't get a chance to try the amazing charcuterie menu but it looked so good too. I had pork belly for dinner with a glass of champagne, a chocolate peanut butter pot de creme and a goat cheese truffle for dinner - I have never had a meal so delicious and satisfying, it is a foodgasm all the way. The kitchen is open view and watching them cook your meal from a couple feet away if very inviting and boy does it smell good. I went with a friend who has an allergy to gluten and they made recommendations and checked everything to make sure she would me alright. I will go back and I recommend this restaurant to everyone that is going to Calgary. Seriously, if you want no risk, super yummy and natural flavours go here. Go here anyways if not because your a foodie but because the service is just so fantastic and for me service is very important.

2  Thank keegancomfort
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I chose FARM for my Birthday dinner ( a family tradition ) because of it's Alberta menu. We had an amazing meal and all 4 members of the family had a different entree. We had no concerns with portion size as the quality of the ingredients is so excellent you don't need large amounts of food to satisfy. We had a lovely cheese and meat appetizer that was enough to enjoy with a pre-dinner glass of excellent italian wine. We were warned in advance that portions are not large so we added a side dish of potatoes that was delicious and also a tray of pickles and olives.
After dinner we enjoyed the desserts,they were lovely and the right size, with a french press coffee. We will definately return to FARM in the future. Patrons have to understand that it is a dining experience and the food is to be savored, prices are fair considering the quality and care that is put into each dish and it's ingredients. Our servers were friendly and very helpful with menu selections as this was our first visit. It is definately a restaurant I would reccomend for special occasions when cost isn't the first consideration.

1  Thank Jolanda D