“DId Not Meet Expectations..!”
Review of Farm - CLOSED

Farm
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I have to admit that my family and I had been anticipating the FARM as a quality ingredient establishment and on that note they did not disappoint. Staff was friendly and attentive. However, ever portion was tiny, once again TINY..! Especially when I asked for some bread ~wafer thin slices and the desert should have been twice the size given the price. I am looking at my bill in excess of $115 and the general consensus from all of us is that we are all still hungry.

3  Thank svandergaag
There are newer reviews for Farm

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Pure, organic and local ingredients help to set this restaurant apart from others. The food was delicious and the service equally satisfying. My girlfriend and I took in their Sunday evening Swiss Fondue option as well as "the charcuterie cutting board". This experience allows you to select your own speciality cheeses and meats. Meat, cheese and fondue are what we choose for our Farm experience....I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Their wine list selection perfectly compliments the menu choices. 5 stars hands down, can't wait to go again!!

1  Thank Robswife2004
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a tasting party to close out a project with cheese, charcuterie and beer pairing. Very fun, great atmosphere and delicious!

1  Thank Hammy_Teare
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The sandwiches we had (burger and FARM sandwich) were delicious and well-proportioned. The soup special (roasted red peppers) was a great accompaniment and the cheese board was divine. Great food in a nicely appointed restaurant.

1  Thank Empyrerose
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Farm is near my office so we have eaten there quite often but I went on a Saturday for lunch with my 12 year old daughter and was so disspointed with the food and service that I feel I should write something.

The menu on Saturday is brunch, it's a limited selection but everything sounds good. My daughter although not terribly picky with her food, does have some dislikes so I asked our server if they have options for kids. She said "no" so I asked if we could change one of the dishes or just get simple eggs and bacon or sausage. She said "No" and when I asked why, she said it's because it's a small restaurant so they can't change the meals. One of the options was steak and eggs. I asked if they could do that dish minus the steak. She said "NO!" I don't see how it's difficult to just not put the steak on the plate??

The waitress wouldn't even talk to anyone in the kitchen for me and refused to do anything for us. My daughter was upset, thinking she was causing a problem so I was getting upset too. I have to say whatever she ate was not worth the high cost and although my eggs benedict was pretty good, it was a very expensive meal for what it was. I also find it annoying that they serve the food on wood boards that slide all over the table when you're trying to eat.

I told the waitress at the end that I would suggest that they have options for kids and she just looked at me like she didn't care. What, are they discriminting against children, do they not want them eating there? It's not THAT nice of a place!

And one more thing...we found a hair in one of their cookies...the kitchen staff do not wear hair nets nor have their hair tied back properly. I suggest Farm that if you want to charge outrageous prices for your food, think about your customer service first.

4  Thank FluffyBunnyFeet