“Very good Vietnamese restaurant in south Calgary!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rice For King

Rice For King
Ranked #1,094 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Haysboro
Calgary, Alberta
“Very good Vietnamese restaurant in south Calgary!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to Rice for King on McLeod Trail a few times in the past year or two. Vietnamese food is my absolute favorite food in the world, and Calgary offers tons of choices... at last count there were more than 180 Vietnamese restaurants in Calgary. Despite the myriad of Viet choices in this city, Rice for King is a very good choice (and I know... I have tried dozens of Viet restaurants) and the food is reasonably priced. Though there are better Viet restaurants in the city (i.e. Song Han in Kensington, Saigon Y2K on Crowchild Trail, etc.) I highly recommend Rice for King for anyone, whether you are new to the cuisine or a seasoned veteran (like me).

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
“All food very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We picked Rice for King because it was close to our hotel (Delta South Calgary) and had good ratings on Tripadvisor. The food is fresh and delicious. All dishes are around the $10 mark. The salt & pepper shrimp was unbelievable. The kids ordered chicken wings (which were also very good) but ended up eating our pho too. Do not hesitate--well worth the visit.

Calgary, Canada
“Great PHO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recomend the # 23 , 24 or 25 soup. Best I have found and I usually don't order Pho in Viet restaurants. My co workers and I eat here often. good service family run biz. Co workers like # 36. Great service at lunch.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CalgaryYYC1
British Columbia, Canada
“Happy Pho Eaters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited Rice for King in January 2013 when visiting Calgary for the weekend. It was recommended to us by a friend living in the area so we all met up for lunch.

The three people I was with all ordered some kind of pho, which came as a huge serving. I'm not even sure they could all finish their bowls. I ordered a chicken satay which came with rice vermicelli noodles. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favourite either. I would have asked for some peanut sauce to smother it in for some more flavour, but the waitress never came back to check on us the entire time we were eating.

We would return to Rice for King. While I probably wouldn't order the satay again, my boyfriend really enjoyed his pho.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome Food Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I highly recommend this place. Great food, great prompt service. Awesome value!! The food was so good. They even recommended a unique cultural beverage that made the experience even more excellent.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dancingqueen1239

Been to Rice For King? Share your experiences!