This little hotel in an unassuming location would be easy to pass without even noticing. We stayed during opening weekend of the stampede and it was very busy, but at such peak season, it was a relatively affordable option in downtown Calgary.
- Large rooms with full kitchen. It would be easy to stay here long term and fend for yourself.
- Fending made even easier by adjacent Safeway and Liquor Barn.
- A good attempt has been made to keep a stylish theme in the rooms. Some of the furniture and decor is not top quality, but nor is it bland or average.
- Great shower! My husband and I are tall and hate hotels where we have to crouch to reach out heads. No issues here.
- Most rooms have a balcony.
- Our room wasn't ready at check-in but the staff were so proactive at resolving this, it gave us a positive impression.
- Narrow entrance and staircase makes access tight, especially with luggage. No communal areas at all.
- No 24 Hour reception may be an issue for some. Key entry out of hours.
- No parking bays for check in - try your luck on the street before being directed to secure parking.
- A 20 minute walk to the heart of downtown.
I thought this was a good choice for Stampede tourists on a bit of a budget. I'd rather stay closer to downtown on my next trip to Calgary however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nuvo Hote Suites is a small Boutique Hotel in downtown Calgary. Our trendy suites are spacious and contemporary, and come with full kitchens, optional in suite laundry, and Free WiFi and Long Distance Calling within North America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Nuvo Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nuvo Hotel Calgary