“Seafood Lover's Delight”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1st Street
Description: A singular reflection of Alberta's signature hospitality, Rush Ocean Prime's downtown location occupies a large space in what was once Calgary's main post office, a magnificent building modernized. With a new look, new menu, and new attitude, the new Rush relaxes fine dining with a bold, brash and revolutionized offer. Rush aims to surprise guests with inventive globally inspired food from land to sea. Generous portions of steak and seafood are served up alongside sommelier selected wines and handcrafted cocktails. From the attentive service to the open, contemporary space, Rush sets the stage for special every-day encounters - whether it is a coveted spot in the intimate dining room or shared small plates and drinks in the lounge before a game.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First things first - go here with a couple of other people and make sure to order the seafood tower as your appetizer. This was what made our night. The prices might make you blink a few times, but the service and quality is impeccable. We were a large group of 12 and not once did our server make a mistake. We had a wonderful evening and would definitely return.

1  Thank Kreeny80

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We visited Rush with some friends recently after reading reviews of how the restaurant had recently rebranded itself (one of several). The restaurant became known to be snooty and pretentious and they knew this had to be changed. We wanted to see how they'd change...
We were all quite satisfied with the quality of the food. Very notable was the lobster pot pie, and the Wagyu steak. Surprisingly though, we were never asked how the steak should be done but no one complained. The steaks came with an amazing sear on them and were super tender on the inside.
The servers were attentive and friendly.. we were quite happy. Time will tell if they continue to be conscious of their customers but as far as the food is concerned, I think they've got a good handle on that.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The decor and ambiance is what impressed us first. The waiter was professional and friendly. The Mediterranean and Cesar salads were divine. I had the halibut which was cooked to perfection - flaky and moist. My husband's triple A steak was grilled perfectly at medium rare. The delivery of the food was timed perfectly. Can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank 166Mercedes
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had a problem I needed some legal help with so I called up my favourite lawyers and asked them to take me to lunch. They picked, Rush, and I will say its great choice. Salmon, halibut, and the lamb rack special were all tried eatin and enjoyed. Neat space with a bar I'm sure is busy after work. Can't wait to return and try it out for dinner. I always like a varied, compact menu where limited selections are done well, well done Rush. And thanks to my lawyers, for lunch.

1  Thank Grant L
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The front of Rush is a long modern-style bar with some tables, and in fact we chose to have our dinner at one of these. The restaurant proper is in a larger space behind the long bar and is more formal, again in a dark, modern style. This is undoubtedly a fine dining establishment with a kitchen team that knows what it is doing with the good range of seafood and meat-based dishes. Quality and presentation were excellent. We tried lobster (yum!), salmon tataki, and short rib with scallops. Desserts were appropriately decadent - we thoroughly enjoyed our creme brulee. There is, as you might expect, and excellent wine and drinks list.