“A Night to Remember”
Review of Q Haute Cuisine

Q Haute Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Q Haute Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 3,569 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
“A Night to Remember”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband, two sons and partners had an unforgettable evening of dining - 8 courses of delectable cuisine. Everyone was very pleased with each and every course in fact, each and every bite. Our kids (mid twenties) have travelled and dined out frequently but none compared to this - right here in old 'cow town'. Incomparable - pricey to be sure, but you'll never forget it.

Wine list was expensive - which you might expect at a high end restaurant, but - if you want unforgettable, this is the place. Kids are still talking about it. In fact, I could see someone proposing there.

I wouldn't bring young kids due to prices - kids wouldn't appreciate it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TerryQ_12

“What's the fuss?”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went here just after New Years. There was only a choice of a four course meal for $89 or 7 course for $120. Wine was around $13 per glass. We got the seven course for me and the four for hubby, figuring we could try bites of each others meals. No such luck, they were the same meal with a few extra things thrown in for the 7 course.
In each case, the components to the course were minute. I mean TINY, as in a single hand made miniature marshmallow coated in coconut, a one inch square of chocolate coated in red velvet, two baby carrots the size of an infants pinky finger. It was all very cute, well presented, artistic, imaginative, good service and we left there wondering if we should hit a Wendy's on the way home.
We had been told that they also had an al a carte menu, but this was not the case. I was comparing this to the Post Hotel's tasting menu and found Q Haute to be the lesser of the two, given the portion sizes. When the cost for a meal is in the $300.00 range for two people, I expect the food to be wonderful AND filling.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Memy A
“Business function”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have been to Q Huate several times; this time I was at a dinner for 9 people. We had one of the private rooms with a set menu but with 4 selections for the entree. We had two servers all night starting with them bringing out platters of small appetizers (quiches, scallops, etc) with our cocktails and continuing to make sure we had wine and water throughout the meal - the service was attentive but not intrusive. The meal was overall very good - everyone enjoyed their salads, their mains (sea bass, beef tenderloin, and chicken were all chosen) and nice small duo of choclate dessert. The only issue would have been that some of the mains were served cool; one had to be taken back to be reheated.

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Warm, inviting and accomodating!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

As we have been relocated to Eau Claire due to the floods, we have been exploring restaurants in the area and Q Haute was one of these restaurants. Initially I was disappointed to enter and see that the entrance was indicative of a shelled bomb shelter but then I realized they too must have suffered from damage caused by the floods. As we made our way upstairs where the restaurant is we were greeted, surprisingly quite warmly as we had no reservations. We were equally surprised to sit down and realize that the restaurant was offering a set menu as accustomed, but when I expressed if it were possible to be served a la carte they kindly obliged and went out of their way to serve what ever I liked however I liked. The servers were extremely knowledgeable, the presentation unique and the food served was delicious despite the micro preparation which is not my favorite. Having said this, my meal (I had salmon) was prepared perfectly. They have a great wine selection which also included my favorite wine, a blend from California, called Conundrum. A white varietal grape blend which is fruity and much too easy to drink. Their desserts were delicious and uniquely prepared. At the end of the night the chef allowed us to enter the kitchen for a tour and I was blown away at how clean and orderly this massive kitchen was. I am ocd when it comes to kitchens and I was so impressed that I vowed to come here as often as I could.

• Visited September 2013
Fulton, Maryland
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It s very memorable birthday for my wife , the food and service was WOW . Next time I will return for the chef tasting menu

• Visited August 2013