“Great Evening Out”
Review of Q Haute Cuisine

Q Haute Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Q Haute Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very well organized tasting menu of the highest quality and ingredients. Staff were very professional and really enjoyed the kitchen tour after dinner.

1  Thank Arakis12000

Reviewed June 5, 2013

In essence i found it to be overpriced and pretentious.
If you think a full course in a 5 course meal can be a boiled egg i hope you are a connoisseur. I can make this in my own kitchen however.
I couldn't get drunk enough to enjoy the food. The portions were not very big.
The staff is great in service and paid attention to my friend's allergies, seemingly. Probably the best things they have going for them is the location and staff. I am not dressing up for THAT ever again!

3  Thank Naomi G
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently enjoyed a Chef's Tasting Menu for two using a Costco Gift Certificate - $84.99! The value was phenomenal and the meal was a real treat. They started us with Prosecco and a few one-bite appetizers before serving a terrine salad course that was not only beautifully presented but also had surprize bursts of flavour. Next came the pasta course, a moist and delicate risotto, perfectly cooked. Our main entree was a twin-set of chicken and lamb - the chicken exceptional, but I'm not a big lamb fan (and had mentioned that to the waiter) so I can't say if it was good or bad. It was accompanied by a potatoe puree with a dollop of butternut squash and white raddish. Gamay Noir was a good pairing. Dessert consisted of five (each) bite-size sweets were each delicious in their own right. The service was attentive, pleasant and sufficient in all the right ways. I would highly recommend taking advantage of the Costco deal, but even if you don't Q Haute is well worth a try.

1  Thank YYCMRS
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a groupon and decided to give it a go. We live in the building and had never tried it. We ordered calamari to start and it was amazing. Out server was highly attentive and friendly. My husband and I both had steaks- they were ok for Calgary- we have had better and for the price we would try seafood next time, especially since the calamari was so good. Just not a lot of flavor or tenderness.
We finished with the cheesecake which was AMAZING! We would go back, just next time avoid steak.

1  Thank Jdjeffcott
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My companion and I purchased a 4-course chef's tasting menu from Costco online for $85 and decided to give Q Haute a try. We were pleasantly surprised! Although the menu differed from the one on the coupon due to seasonal variations, our dining experience was magnifique! The appetizers were tasty, the musroom risotto with beef was excellent, the bacon-wrapped lamb medallions were melt-in-your mouth with incredible flavor, and the frozen black forest dessert was so good I almost ordered another. The coupon said 2 glasses of Prosecco OR wine with the meal....we were served 2 glasses of both, at no extra charge....and they complemented the meal perfectly. The ambiance was romantic, with white tablecloths and candles, and the service was wonderful....we had 4 waiters interacting with us, all with very unique personalities. We even received a couple of "surprise" offerings. Without the coupon, the value would have been over $200. I would highly recommend Q Haute for fine dining. I'm going back to Costco online for another coupon right now!