“Q Haute Delivers!”
Review of Q Haute Cuisine

Q Haute Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Q Haute Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 3,768 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My companion and I purchased a 4-course chef's tasting menu from Costco online for $85 and decided to give Q Haute a try. We were pleasantly surprised! Although the menu differed from the one on the coupon due to seasonal variations, our dining experience was magnifique! The appetizers were tasty, the musroom risotto with beef was excellent, the bacon-wrapped lamb medallions were melt-in-your mouth with incredible flavor, and the frozen black forest dessert was so good I almost ordered another. The coupon said 2 glasses of Prosecco OR wine with the meal....we were served 2 glasses of both, at no extra charge....and they complemented the meal perfectly. The ambiance was romantic, with white tablecloths and candles, and the service was wonderful....we had 4 waiters interacting with us, all with very unique personalities. We even received a couple of "surprise" offerings. Without the coupon, the value would have been over $200. I would highly recommend Q Haute for fine dining. I'm going back to Costco online for another coupon right now!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This restaurant is small, but instantly as you walk into the door, your greeted by 3 door helpers. They knew who we were (our reservation), and all 3 helped remove our jackets. As we were being seated, we then realized there were maybe 10 tables in the whole restaurant. Our waiter told us there would be 4 waiters serving us including himself.

From there on, the service was TOP notch. The food was great, and the experience was memorable! The price was steep, and the choices were very few, but I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank littlechilds
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've lived in Calgary for three years and have eaten at Q Haute cuisine three of four times. Every time was amazing. I was there to two dinners, one lunch and a party/corporate event. The service is possibly the best in all of North America - you feel like you are becoming a better person and you get little snippets of an education on the food you are about to eat. The food itself is the best in Calgary. I once had a well travelled friend tell me that only a place like New York or (oddly and I don't know why) Scottsdale Arizona? In any case, if you are visiting Calgary and want a true dining experience then visit Q Haute cuisine.

1  Thank CalgaryFoodLover9
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very impressive, elegant ambiance. We were given a table overlooking the Bow River. They have a bunch of private rooms which seem good for an event.

Service was very attentive.

We had a 4-course "chef's choice" prix fixe, pre-purchased from the Costco website. Our waiter clarified any allergies and food preferences. Our 'surprise' dishes were all a delight. One of the dishes was a risotto which was fabulous. For the main we had prime rib which was a delight.

We did a few extra glasses of wine on top of what was included with our package. Bottled water was extra. Overall, we still felt a great value.

We will be back!

2  Thank lancelongthrust
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant is one of a kind. Merely suggesting that the service is good and the food is tasty, would not do this place justice. The staff and chefs are incredibly helpful, and talk you through the spectacular menu every step of the way! The food is not only unique but they take each flavor into consideration to make an unforgettable dish. This is a must do for any foodie!

1  Thank Kis786