“A true gem after a bad day!”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Having been abandoned by our airline after it cancelled our flight we needed a hotel and a quick call to the Acclaim brought the promise of a room and transport that arrived in less than 10 minutes. Even thoughwe arrived at the hotel before 11AM we were able to check-in immediately thanks to the efficient recption staff.
The room was very comfortable with flat screen TV and decent coffeee making equipment. They include up to 20 minutes free phone calls (including international!) in the room rate.
Very good Italian restaurant attached to the property that is open for breakfast until late evening. Next morning transport back to the airport was quick and efficient.
Thanks to all the staff for making a bad day end a lot better!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank elland1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband and I arrived Jan 25, and planned on leaving our vehicle at the hotel for the week we would be in Mexico. Location, rooms etc were great and the restaurant although busy, provided excellent service and good food. When we returned, the airport shuttle was timely enough and we stayed the night again. Only complaint, when my husband went out to start the vehicle in the morning the door was open. Although he found this odd that he would of left it open , carried on. After loading our suitcases etc and going grocery shopping , when we went to put the key in the lock, the whole lock piece was gone. We realized our 2 winter jackets were stolen as well! When I called the hotel to give them a heads up in case this had been an ongoing problem, the response was thanks for the heads up. An I'm sorry that happened to you would of been nice! I then asked if they had security camera's or lot security checks, the reply was "no I'm sorry, not at this time! Also on the way back, the walls appeared paper thin!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shawn1190
Stewart27, Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

I apologize for the way the situation was handled.

Acclaim Hotel had problem free parking for 18 months. There was an increase in vehicle prowling in Calgary’s NE late 2010 early 2011 and some vehicles in our extended parking of a certain make were targeted. We worked closely with the Calgary Police Services to make sure we were doing everything we could to minimize the risk to vehicles on our property. We increased our own patrols and are treating the target vehicles differently so they are less susceptible to attack. The diligence has paid off as we have not had any issues for some time again.

We definitely should have been more understanding of the situation; however we are being very proactive in our efforts to ensure vehicle safety.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

This is the place to stay when needing to be near the Calgary Airport. Staff are always friendly, rooms are modern and clean, restaurant is great.
The only issue is the slamming doors, if the noise from this could be reduced it would be nearly perfect!

1  Thank cpallo
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This hotel is an excellent choice for individuals or families needing to catch an early flight from Calgary Airport. Our two rooms were very well appointed and very comfortable. We also enjoyed an excellent dinner in the adjoining Pacini Restaurant.
We chose the Park and Ride room category and picked up our vehicle about one week later when we returned from a cruise. The transport to and from the airport was very efficient. The drivers were courteous and gladly helped with our luggage. We would definitely use these facilities again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ecossins
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I've stayed here 3 times this year, the rooms are very comfortable, plush beds, large flat screen TV, (even a TV in the bathroom for TV junkies like me) warm colors, to me, very comfortable. Rival any Westin, Sheraton, W hotel I've stayed at. For the price, can't beat the complimentary wireless, bottled water daily and in-room single serve coffee. Rooms have everything you'd expect or need from a high end business hotel. Staff is always kind. Housekeeping does a wonderful job, this time, even refused my tip that I always leave daily on the bed. (so I left it at check out) Only thing they need to do is comply with the whole "green" thing. When I hang my towel for second use, as instructed, they always change and leave me a new one anyway. Its not a deal breaker, but if they are going to worry about being green, print the paper instructions, they should follow the plan too? LOL I love this place, adequate GYM, which is a must for me too, clean good equipment.The food in Pacini is great too, love the "toast your own" bread bar. Will always stay here when I come to Calgary.

2  Thank DofSales
Reviewed December 14, 2010

i chose this hotel based on other reviews that i've read on tripadvisor, and i'm glad i made the right decision. i spent a night here and gave the hot tub on the roofdeck a go. it was snowing and around -19 deg C, but the water was fabulous and hot. i stayed in a double room. the queen beds were luxurious, and were the sort where you could fall asleep immediately in.

they kept to their word about 20minutes free international calls and i wasn't charged a cent. the bedside is equipped with an ipod speaker/alarm which has great sound. a television right above the bath tub wasn't too bad either! great choice if you simply need a place to relax.

the lobby is great to use if you need fast (and free) internet and printing.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

The hotel was still going through some renovations so the baseboards weren't up, wall paper was hanging down and had some writing on the walls for the work to be done. The carpet had shown that workers were nearby and had dirtied the carpet with a fine white dusting.

The room itself was quite nice and modern. The bathroom was fantastic with the European showerhead and if you wanted to take a relaxing bath, you could watch tv. I found the lounge chair very comfortable. Unfortunately, I found the bed too soft for my liking and had trouble sleeping 3 of 4 nights I stayed there.

Given the location of the hotel, it would be wise to rent a car so you can see Calgary. Otherwise you are stuck paying for taxis everywhere.

1  Thank sdigian