“Wow!! Number 1 in our books to be sure”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
vancouver
“Wow!! Number 1 in our books to be sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

A 4 star rating from us
Close to the Airport it is a modern & relatively new Hotel
We had a Suite - my goodness, marble everywhere. Bathroom had a Full length shower, weight scales, & a TV
There was a wet bar, flat sceeen TV, fridge, microwave & regular furniture (chairs, tables, sofa) in the living area. Unique was the use of the room's key card to control on/off of all room lights. (Energy saving)
Never ran across before was the free 20 min calls to anywhere in North America
Finally, a free DVD library - the room included a DVD player
The room was so modern we had to phone down to understand how to use the phone's handsets & to play the DVD through the TV! Both very simple as it turned out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mar2dav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 1 kid in July 2009 along with my friend and his family. This hotel was really a great value. It was clean, organized and comfortable. I liked the idea that tea, coffee and snacks were available all the time in the hotel lobby which was amazing and never saw a hotel that provided such service. One thing about it is that it is a bit far from downtown and many shops...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Relaxing-man
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

Due to a late flight we choose to stay here one night before driving home. The hotel is in a great location - just past the airport and takes two minutes to get there. Staff were very friendly, hotel room was smaller than most, but beautifully laid out - nice beds, marble counters, flat screen tv, good climate control, quiet, tv in bathroom with deep tub with rain shower head and six jets in wall. So many great amenities .... I loved this place and will stay again!! The rooftop area is wonderful too, view of the city, two hot tubs, and places to sit and relax.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BeachLover22
Drumheller, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

We had vacationed in Vegas. We had parked our vehicle in Park 2 Go (between the hotel and the airport. We did that because they had promised to shuttle you to the airport and on your return, they would pick you up and take you to your car which would be running and waiting for you. We arrived at 11:00 pm The weather was -30 and they hadn't plugged it in and it wouldn't go dispite repeated boosting. Their plugins were on an intermittant currant so it wasn't working. All they would recommend to do was phone AMA. The weather was so bad we could not get thru to them by phone or by our laptop which we had Finally at 2:00 in the morning they advised us to get a hotel room. They did get us a terrifc deal looking at the prices today.
The Hotel staff were most accomodating and the room was beautiful The only thing I could comment on it was a little bit small but the shower, the soap, the coffee..all was wonderful. There was even a bathroom scale. Our phone was not working in the room but apparently it was very new and they were having a few kinks. They let us use their desk phone no problem. I slept like a baby although we were so exhausted I might have slept well on a piece of cardboard in the corner. Thank goodness there was a breakfast available. We ate well and grabbed an apple and a muffin to go..good we did as our parking adventure continued the rest of the day. It was 9 pm before we were able to leave so it was a wonderful port in the storm.
The shuttle service attendant for the hotel was terrific. He returned us to the Park 2 go exit door which was off his route (the exit was down a couple of blocks down a side street). He also informed us we should stay at the Acclaim when taking off and you can leave your car for 14 days there. They would see to it for boosting as needed. Something we will consider the next time as our parking fiasco continued as the car was not running when we arrived and was not plugged in again.
I can not say enough good things about the Hotel but negative on Park 2 Go.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank rangerpippi
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had to fly out early for a business trip and rather than leave my house at 4am I decided to stay at an airport hotel and use its' shuttle service. I chose the Acclaim Hotel after reading the reviews and am very happy I did.

The hotel is very modern, tastefully decorated, exceptionally clean and the staff was terrific. I especially liked the little touches in the rooms like bathrobes, bath salts, free bottled water and free movie rentals.

I had dinner at the new restaurant, Pacini and must say it was very good. Gorgeous restaurant.

The shuttle in the morning was efficient, the driver was friendly and it was nice to leave my car at the hotel until I returned. There was a nominal charge for parking as I was leaving it for 3 days, but it worked out way less than if I had used the airport parking or taken a taxi from my house.

Location wise - there isn't too much around the hotel but I understand there the area will be built up. I stayed because of the proximity to the airport and for that it was convenient - only 2 km.

I am now a fan of the Acclaim Hotel and will recommend it to my clients, friends and family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mjclovesmountains
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was going to a convention in downtown Calgary. Read the reviews of this hotel, and booked a room. The people were very freindly.

The rooms were very clean, and well designed. I particularly enjoyed the large flat screen TV in the room. They had a TV in the bathroom which was a nice touch. Internet speed was quite satisfactory.

They had a managers Reception on Wednesday evening where they had smart appetizors and coupons for a couple of cocktails in the restaurant attached to the hotel. The gym was small, but satisfactory.

If you like Italian, this is a great place to go. I ordered the pasta/Pizza combination. The staff was very freindly, and the food was great. They even have a bread toasting area, where you can put seasoned butter on your bread, and lay it on a grill for toasting.

They have free service to and from the airport. My flight was early the next morning, so it was great to know they had shuttle service that started at 4:00am.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cyosser
glos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

If only every airport hotel were like this, stopped for one night before driving on to Banff. The rooms are a good size, modern and clean. We also ate breakfast at the new restaurant next door which was very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple