“Clean, Quiet, & Comfortable”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes. The hotel room was comfortable, with a delightful shower. In fact, the entire bathroom was quite nice & sparkling clean. I found the room to be clean & accommodating.

The hotel restaurant was nice & has an interesting menu. I ordered a caesar from the menu but got a basic caesar instead. When I commented on it the waitress basically said "tough luck, you didn't specify"....there is only ONE caesar on the menu & I got a basic caesar because I didn't specify I wanted the one I was looking at on the menu. No offer to correct it, when I inquired about getting the one on the menu she said it was already made & I could order a second one at my own cost. Good food & nice variety, great bread bar, but I did not enjoy the service.

The meeting rooms were great, staffed wonderfully.

I felt the rooftop hot tub was nice but crowded when we were there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable beds.
Great shuttle service.
Super restaurant connected to hotel.
Registration staff respectful and helpful.
Welcoming lobby with apples and lemon water available for guests.
Wonderful tub and shower combination with large bath towels provided.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent a night at the hotel and was very pleased with my choice. It's very near the airport yet there is virtually no airport noise. The reception was pleasant and I was assigned a room on the 2nd floor. I requested a change to the 4th floor and the clerk very kindly obliged me. No hassle at all. I had a king size room and the bed was wonderful... nice firm mattress and beautiful linens although there was no top sheet, just the covered duvet so I had the AC cranked overnight. Wonderful toiletries. Great Euro shower with the jets at multiple levels. Kuerig coffee maker, etc etc. Everything was first class and very modern. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Breakfast in the hotel's restaurant is excellent but unless you're really not keen on drivin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a pleasant place to stay before a flight. The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are large, comfortable and have lots of facilities. It seemed to me that the facilities are more than you might expect for an overnight stay before a flight, but there you are.

The restaurant is also very good. I had never before been to a restaurant which has a bread bar, something common in Europe, according to the waitress, although, as I say, I've never seen one before. I had the "surf & turf" option with a 4 oz steak, which turned out quite small, although you can have a 8 oz steak for another $9.

The room cost me about $151 for the night, including the 12% taxes.

There is a free minibus transfer to the airport every 30 minutes, from what I remember, to be booked when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean Hotel. Close to the Airport with a Shuttle 24 hours a day. Shuttle drivers were very friendly and polite. They have long term parking but it is a little pricier than other Hotels in the area. For some reason each of the two nights we stayed they had no second sheet on bed just comforter but not a big deal. Over all a very good choice of hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a 1 night stay here as the price was right, it was convenient to the airport and the hot tubs on the roof seemed like a nice idea. Well, we liked it so much that we booked a 2nd night there. Our king bedroom, while a bit small, was modern, clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the 2 hot tubs on the roof and the Italian restaurant, Pacini, which is attached to the hotel. The dinner at Pacini (and the all you can eat bread and spread selections that you toast yourself) was excellent. After dinner, we sat in the hot tubs for about an hour. What a relaxing, enjoyable evening.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if out this way ever again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came in at night after a long flight. This hotel was super clean and our room had all the amenities someone like us would need: great shower, big cozy bed, lots of towels and a big screen TV. The most important thing was the free shuttle to and from the airport (although we did see that a lot of hotels have that....). The hotel had a very small gym (we really didn't need more) and the breakfast was very nice (allthough not included in the room's price). The only "bad" thing I can say abot this hotel is that its decoration is a bit gloomey. All in all, this hotels served perfectly its purpose - a nice haven after a long flight. I don't know if i would recommend it for a long stay but it really did topped our expectations!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple