“Now, here is a property that has given some serious thought to the layout of their rooms......”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

On our latest trip to Calgary, we thought we'd shake things up a bit by staying a different property.....we chose the Acclaim hotel for 3 main reasons......location, Pacini's restaurant on site(wonderful food), and the rooftop hot tubs........the room was set up very intellegently....lots of plug ins, and 2 desks so each of us could have our own station for lap tops and such........lots of mirrors as well.....great to have in the morning when both of you are trying to get ready! The beds were very comfortable and clean......the entire room was wonderful and we really couldn't find any faults here.......except for the rooftop hot tubs......the idea is a wonderful one, and I'm sure in the spring/summer/fall, its really wonderful up there, with the amazing view and all.....but when we stayed here, it was a cold march day, with blowing snow......we did venture up to the hot tubs, but it was very icy and slippery and the water was not hot enough! Tried both tubs and one was a little hotter than the other, but not by much........at check out, we discussed our issue with the hot tubs with the front desk, and they said they would look into it......unfortunatly, you can't predict the weather, and this little stumbling block would not deteer us from staying there again.......great property and reasonably priced as well.........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elaine R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a top hotel at an affordable rate. I would like to stress the top quality of the bedding. The sleeping experience is almost comparable to that of Sheraton Hotels (TOP BEDDING) but the cost is simply half of it. Our rooms were shining with top quality equipments. I spent a night here with my family of six. I booked two rooms because they don t really accommodate big families. But my family enjoyed its stay. We dinned at the onsite Pacini restaurant. It was a great diner and service.This hotel is located closer to the Airport but a bit far from the City of Calgary.

Room Tip: Try the Pacini restaurant and spice up your stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joebenin
Bragg Creek, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Acclaim Hotel by the Calgary airport on March 3 as our flight the following morning departed at an early hour. The room was cozy with a comfortable bed, included Internet and extended parking arrangements to store the auto while away. Caring staff at both the front desk and airport shuttle transportation allowed our stay to be worry free. I particularly enjoyed the short ride to the airport as the hotel is situated only a few klms from Calgary International. The hotel is expanding with a bit of construction disarray, but did not cause any problems. Would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: The on site restaurant offers a discount to flight staff
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FOSTER
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I needed a place near the airport for just one night, and the reviews for Acclaim were glowing, so I gave it a shot. I was very pleased with my experience. The courtesy van came promptly, and while we waited for a couple of pilots to join us, the driver offered me a free bottle of water, then outlined the hotel's amenities which include movie DVDs you can take to your room, free wi-fi, and free bottles of water. (I don't know about you, but being charged $3 for a bottle of water in a luxury hotel just bugs me, so this was a nice added touch.) The trip to the hotel took no time. I grabbed an apple at the check-in desk. The room was comfortable. The bathroom even had bath salts and a TV, if you wanted to soak. Most important for me, arriving at 9 PM, there was a very good Italian restaurant literally at the end of the hall. I had an interesting meal, a glass of good wine, and slept well and deeply.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom A
Bernalillo, New Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was a great place to stay before flying home the next day. The hot tubs on the roof are lovely. They provide robes in your room and towels by the door to the roof so you do not need a bathing suit cover up (one less thing to get into that suitcase). The airport shuttle is very convenient and the hotel is very close to the airport. One word of caution: If you are coming from the south, Barlow Trail does not go through and you cannot get to the hotel that way. Probably the easiest thing to do is follow the signs to the airport and come back around to the hotel. It really is very close to the airport but not where the majority of hotels are located.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lazy_13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Chose the Acclaim for our final night in Canada after travelling through the Rockies. It was because of Trip Advisor and its writers that I picked the Acclaim and very happy we did.
We were a little concerned as it seems isolated and in an industrial area but the Hotel is very quiet and super modern and I wouldnt stay anywhere else if I needed to be near the airport. The check-in staff are very pleasant as gave us directions to a very large Mall closeby to do last minute shopping. Our room was a smaller style suite with good size bed with a petition and a small lounge and mini kitchenette. The Hotel has a small bus which runs regularly to and from the airport. In my view the Acclaim is a winner!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank griswalds59
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

2nd time in 7 months staying here.... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Staff are very accomodating and will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Both day and night staff are very friendly, helpful and create a pleasant aura in which you WANT to stay... and Sylvester is the cherry on top!

Looking forward to seeing their addition completed the next time I stay.

My bed was delightful... rainfall shower head... soaker tub.... keurig machine with coffee and tea... Pacini's available for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks..... Felt like I was on vacation even though I was there for business.

See you again soon Acclaim!

Room Tip: 4th floor.. lower number rooms are best for least noise, as it IS a wooden structure hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business