“Hairy chicken...”
Review of Paper St.

Paper St.
Ranked #702 of 4,247 Restaurants in Calgary
Description: WHAT IS PAPER ST.? We love to travel and we love to eat. Local street food has, and always will be, the best tasting dishes we have had the opportunity to enjoy while visiting different countries. It’s these carts and street stalls that show you the passion of the people, and lets you briefly inside their lives and their experiences. In our eyes there is no better way to experience the local culture. When we remember a place we’ve visited we often remember the food first. If you are skipping what’s being served on the street across the world then you’re missing out. Paper St. is about sharing those memories, dishes and flavors. Our offerings will be somewhat familiar, somewhat foreign, sometimes surprising, but most importantly, absolutely delicious.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a pretty poor experience of this restaurant... my wife's butter chicken curry had a hair right through the middle of a piece of chicken. To her credit the waitress sorted this out and got a new one, and it was taken off the bill and the manager came over to apologise however this shows the kitchen lacks fairly basic hygiene.
Steak frites was average, some chips were cold, others piping hot so I imagine two batches were used for my dish.

On a positive I thought it was really good of the waitress to point out that on arrival it was only happy hour for another minute or two at most if we wanted to place a quick drinks order so that saved some cash.

Overall we wouldn't return here, sorry!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We went over to Paper St for dinner. We had just watched the Academy Award Nominated short films and had booked a reservation. The theatre had given us a 10% off coupon. The front door of the restaurant is beautiful. The place is open concept which makes it seem really big and spacious, but it also makes it incredibly noisy. The bathrooms were downstairs and were clean and also quite large. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The time it took our waitress to get our drink order was reasonable, but it was another 20 minutes until our drinks arrived. The menu had a very limited selection of food. Our friends ordered an appetizer. It was served at the same time as the meal. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I had the burger, which was better than average. The fries were average. The waitress forgot my gravy and had served fries instead of tater tots to my partner. It took another half hour for those mistakes to be fixed, by that time I had eaten my fries or they would have been stone cold. Overall the food was okay, but the service was horrendous. I would not recommend this place. There are lots of places that serve better pub food.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

Looked good and intriguing and the fish tacos were good. The server got things wrong a couple of times but made up for the mistakes pleasantly enough. I was disappointed about the beer selection.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

I brought my hubby for dinner to celebrate his birthday. Just the two of us on this occasion, and overall the restaurant was not busy. Our server was great and explained the concept behind their street-inspired dishes. Everything we tried was packed with flavour. Great spot for something a little different at a very reasonable cost.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Good room, busy for a Tuesday noon & the Taco Trio (fish, roasted cauliflower & pork) is outstanding.

Date of visit: November 2018