“Memorable in more ways than one.”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Pointe
Ranked #201 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Alberta
“Memorable in more ways than one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I celebrated his birthday at this Keg location, and while we often eat at a Keg restaurant, this was our first visit to this particular Keg. The service was excellent from start to finish with the wait staff and even the chef making sure everything meet my particular dietary requirements. I have a gluten intolerance and have been finding that the majority of restaurants we normally frequent just aren't that up to speed on issues such as this. When I commented that I couldn't have gluten, the waiter made note of it immediately. When our meal was served, it was brought to us by one of the chef's. He pointed out that my meal was entirely gluten-free, including the au jus for the Prime Rib. When the birthday dessert for my husband was brought to the table, our waiter made sure to tell me that the dessert was not gluten-free. It was a nice change not to have to ask the wait staff about gluten free and then wait until they found out. This Keg took it upon themselves to make my experience there hassle free. Thank you very much.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank AlbertaHarleychick

Calgary, Canada
“One of the Best Steaks in Cowtown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

I've been to a number of Keg restaurants in the past and was always "just satisfied" with my meal and the service. So I quit going for a time, to locate other places to dine when I was just dying for a good juicy steak, until I finally discovered the Keg close to my neighbourhood. What an absolute TREAT! Not only is the atmosphere wonderful with cozy, dim lighting and ultra- comfortable booths, but the service I receive each and every time with their incredible staff is consistent and absolutely top notch. Then to talk about the food, is the frosting on the cake! The Keg definitely knows how to cook me a perfect steak medium rare. The cuts of meat are all top quality, tender and done to order. My friends and I argue over the doneness of our steaks, one ordering his medium and the other likes hers medium well-medium. They all get what they order. I hope to convert them all one day, but for now the Keg caters to everyone's likes and preferences. I always have the Rib Steak personally, with sauteed mushrooms, stuffed potato and crispy onion sticks. Because it is a generous 10oz, there is always some left over to take home and enjoy the next day as a sandwich or for breakfast on the weekends with a couple of sunny side up eggs- a nice post meal indulgence. Definitely a great place to go and worth the wait if you end up on the list. They do not take reservations.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kimberley H
Canada
“130th Ave Location is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

the staff and food are great there! always go here when we can .

Charlottesville
“Good Chain Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a good meal with large portions. The service was good.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Grandmano
london
“The Keg Downtown Calgary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

We were in in Calgary in May /09. We went to the Keg downtown on a thursday evening
@ 7 pm. My husband my son and myself all had the baseball steak the food was horrible
the worst meal we have ever had. The potatoes were under cooked and cold they tasted like they had been microwaved. The steak was tough and sogy vegtables.When we sent
the meal back they never cooked new steaks we watched them put them in the microwave. The waiter was rude when we complained.We always eat @ the Keg in London ontario and its the best resturant in town,I would never recomend eating @ the Keg downtown london we should have known something was wrong when we were the only customers in the resturant.